Best Thread Live Cable Trading

dooby12 said:
any reason why cable has fallen so much today?

Ours is not to reason why,
Ours is but to sell or buy.

EDIT: wheres zuke these days? not noticed any posts from him for a while.

Kaffee said:
For the un-educated here i.e. me.... what does this mean ?

Are you saying at some point between today and Thursday... the Euro will be badgered between 118 and 121 ??
Thats just about it Kaf
There is a huge Double Not Touch option which expires 9 march
There was a similar option which expired Friday 11750-12050 which capped Euro to under 12050 then having broken 12050 on monday the second option capped the rally at 12094
I do not know the size of these options but they were/are big enough to effect the market.

trendie said:

EDIT: wheres zuke these days? not noticed any posts from him for a while.

Afternoon Trendie..Afternoon Gents..havent posted much as Ive been busy trading Crude and havent traded Cable as much. Im currently playing around with FXCM's Exotics..only paper trading them at the moment.

trendie said:

Yes, maybe, but it's nice to know what's going on - and why . It also makes it easier to keep your position. ;)

Exotics

zuke said:
Afternoon Trendie..Afternoon Gents..havent posted much as Ive been busy trading Crude and havent traded Cable as much. Im currently playing around with FXCM's Exotics..only paper trading them at the moment.

What do you think of tha exotics then Zuke?

neil said:
What do you think of tha exotics then Zuke?
Its kinda funny trading them as a retail customer (I used to be an exotics structurer at a number of IB's). The ones offered are pretty basic (Single & Double Touch/No Touch and Barriers only) but I like the fact that they are "fire and forget". Too much profit is lost by traders (I am still guilty of this sometimes despite knowing better) faffing about with stops and profit targets once they haveput a position on.

Are you trading them with money or paper trtading them Neil?

Zuke

zuke said:
Its kinda funny trading them as a retail customer (I used to be an exotics structurer at a number of IB's). The ones offered are pretty basic (Single & Double Touch/No Touch and Barriers only) but I like the fact that they are "fire and forget". Too much profit is lost by traders (I am still guilty of this sometimes despite knowing better) faffing about with stops and profit targets once they haveput a position on.

Are you trading them with money or paper trtading them Neil?

I never researched them before albeit I have heard the term "Exotics."
I would like to learn more so where would I look for more info please Zuke?

http://www.mathfinance.de/wystup/papers/OT_derivativesweek.pdf#search='foreign%20exchange%20double%20no%20touch%20option'
Try here Neil

www.mathfinance.de/wystup/papers/OT_derivativesweek.pdf#search='foreign%20exchange%20double%20no%20touch%20option'

Jt

Kaffee said:
Is it just forex trading you hate or all trading ??

I fairness to JT I think he is simply urging caution when looking at exotics.

Hindsight chart 5mins. Cable

Just posted this chart 5.30pm-ish. No trades today - I was working - just thought the chart might interest some.

5 minutes chart of Cable

Attachments

• monday27.JPG
    monday27.JPG
    144.5 KB · Views: 146
neil said:
Just posted this chart 5.30pm-ish. No trades today - I was working - just thought the chart might interest some.

5 minutes chart of Cable

Yep, they all brought home the bacon today Big Ben, Big Baruch and Nifty Neil.

Easy on days like this !!

yesterdays 14:00 bar (13:00 - 14:00) was breached by about 20 pips, by the 15:00 bar.
havent decided what constitutes "wiggle".
thats 2 out of 3, when 14:00 seemed to be pretty near the high or low of the day.

yesterday, the jury is out if 20 pips is too much. I would say, "ball-park" and give it 1/2.

2.5 / 4. :)

NB: perhaps a rule such as if the 14:00 bar is broken to the downside when at the high, or the upside when at the low constitutes a reversal or something.
that way the reversal can be delayed, and catch the next hour, etc.
forward test this.

we need a name for this !!

trendie said:
NB: perhaps a rule such as if the 14:00 bar is broken to the downside when at the high, or the upside when at the low constitutes a reversal or something.
that way the reversal can be delayed, and catch the next hour, etc.
forward test this.
There's a lot to be said for putting things in their context.