Best Thread Live Cable Trading

Kaffee said:
Excellent. What have you traded before ?

Thanks..
Just been spreadbetting stocks and commodoties mainly, got sick of the 2 steps forward 1 step back rythym of them, buy and hold just doesn't work for me.
Read a lot about Forex lately, and you guys seem to be having such fun in this thread that I've decided to give it a serious go. Off to a good start at least :)

Cableguy said:
Yup, H4 is your entry and H5 is your target exit

Here we can see a move from H4 to H5, trading the cam rules would have been an easy 49 pips imho.

Attachments

• h4-5 climb.gif
    h4-5 climb.gif
    17.3 KB · Views: 150
lachie said:
Thanks..
Just been spreadbetting stocks and commodoties mainly, got sick of the 2 steps forward 1 step back rythym of them, buy and hold just doesn't work for me.
Read a lot about Forex lately, and you guys seem to be having such fun in this thread that I've decided to give it a serious go. Off to a good start at least :)

Excellent starter, my first trade ever was in real shares. It took me three months to break even, and I never knew what a stop-loss was so I never bothered. How luck was I :-0

dc2000 said:
down from 645

As it doesnt look like I can exit my long at 630 before the news I will move stop to breakeven and exit with a limit at 624

Maybe a little bit early? :cheesy: PS. How do you trade the news?

Nads being squeezed I may have to look for an exit at 40

As for news Baruch if Im in a trade I like my stop close to breakeven

Hello Gents..Im out of the market today..still nursing a bruised ego from being spanked by Nymex Crude yesterday (-100, yes -100 pips). I've manged to get 50 pip back this am on the Big Ben..but really am kicking myself for taking on a very risky Nymex trade. :eek:

Ouch!!

On my cable trade Im going to stay short but move my stop to 75 as we hit 40 then at 610 move to breakeven

zuke said:
Hello Gents..Im out of the market today..still nursing a bruised ego from being spanked by Nymex Crude yesterday (-100, yes -100 pips). I've manged to get 50 pip back this am on the Big Ben..but really am kicking myself for taking on a very risky Nymex trade. :eek:

Sorry to hear that, zuke. Try pork bellies next time :cheesy: But how could you get 50 pips on Big Ben this morning - I think this was one of the mornings where Big Ben didn't work very well...

Baruch said:
Sorry to hear that, zuke. Try pork bellies next time :cheesy: But how could you get 50 pips on Big Ben this morning - I think this was one of the mornings where Big Ben didn't work very well...

I got 50 pips because I actually missed all of the moves (e.g. down to 536) and traded the upside break

stil long from 586 and counting those pips...

looks like the kids i dont know about might get their CSA allowance this weekend :)

Baruch said:

I do trade the bellies and lumber too..not much going on though.

zuke said:
I do trade the bellies and lumber too..not much going on though.

Good luck - just by looking on the charts? Could you tell the time and prices for your Big Ben trades this morning (I only got a b/e myself because the price came back)?.

Closed 2 positions for total of +117, was long since 9:36am, have a good weekend all of you and good thread.

Me too FC

I recon you will have $$$$$$$$$$$ from your Dow at the mo, or are you holding over weekend?

Baruch said:

Today was a pukka Big Ben trade.... ignore the first break of the Frankfurt range (which I didn't !!) and trade the reversal.... textbook stuff according to the pdf that was posted on here a month or so ago.

Kaffee said:
Today was a pukka Big Ben trade.... ignore the first break of the Frankfurt range (which I didn't !!) and trade the reversal.... textbook stuff according to the pdf that was posted on here a month or so ago.

Yes, but the reserval came after 8 am, and then it's not the Big Ben? But maybe we can call it Big Kaffee? :cheesy:

PS. I suppose Big Ben is a break out from the range between 7 and 8 am?

yup, im holding over the weekend, til next thursday or so...

week after expiry is usually bearish..

plus i get the interest from holding a short cash position lol :)

BREAKING NEWS..

2nd Whale spotted in the Thames near Southend..

watch out, it's a regular market mover, this one...