Best Thread Live Cable Trading

zuke said:
I know...and its cost be -40 pips for the day. At least I've managed to stop the rot and get a winning (albeit 20 pips) trade in. :eek:

Like I said this morning... I'm amazed there was no pullback overnight.

Would I be right in saying that you've ignored your normal "signals" today ? Haven't seen you flip between the long and short side so many times before.

What happened to JonnyT ?

Didnt he take time out to trade full-time until the end of the year ? to see how it went ?

Has he posted any conclusions to his trading stint ?

Kaffee said:
Like I said this morning... I'm amazed there was no pullback overnight.

Would I be right in saying that you've ignored your normal "signals" today ? Haven't seen you flip between the long and short side so many times before.

Ive overtraded today and shown how emotions can affect trading. I will be back to normal tomorrow. :rolleyes:

trendie said:

Didnt he take time out to trade full-time until the end of the year ? to see how it went ?

I have failed miserably to make any money. I'm giving it one more effort starting next week.

JonnyT

trendie said:

He hasnt posted for a while. Ill PM him and see how he's getting on.

JonnyT said:
I have failed miserably to make any money. I'm giving it one more effort starting next week.

JonnyT

Good to see you are still in the game, JonnyT.
I have about 6 consecutive weeks for trading, myself.
Hope you had a good Christmas break and a chance to evaluate the reasons for losses, and have come back with a better plan.
Good luck.

JonnyT said:

JonnyT

Im very surprised. You seemed to have had an excellent b/o method. Hope it gets better for you.

Anyone trading breakouts that occur after the midnight to 7am session. Noticed these breakouts can be delayed until after US open?

neil said:
Anyone trading breakouts that occur after the midnight to 7am session. Noticed these breakouts can be delayed until after US open?

I'm playing with the 7-8 range .....

If you don't mind me asking, how you reconcile a tight stop strategy with the wide range that such a breakout range can have from time to time ??

neil said:

Neil

I did quite a lot of testing on exactly this type of BO a little while back, ultimately deciding that although I got positive results with the system across a few pairs, when forward testing I found that I couldn't muster up any faith in it & therefore ditched it.

When I went back to review it a couple of months later I was pleased with my decision.

Good luck
Simon

coolTrader said:
very quiet this morning. lots of good set ups this morning both longs and shorts.

Yes..I had a short at 584 which I closed at 524 for 60 pips. Im now Long at 524 looking for 60 pips.

Short @ 1.7551, 0.5 lots - target is 30 pips, stop 1.7560

The reason I took this trade as it's at the pivot, this is strong resistance so we'll see what opportunities arise thereafter

Cableguy said:
Short @ 1.7551, 0.5 lots - target is 30 pips, stop 1.7560

The reason I took this trade as it's at the pivot, this is strong resistance so we'll see what opportunities arise thereafter

And........... hernia.

Cableguy said:
And........... hernia.

I moved my stop, just closed the trade for +1 on 5546. I'm not sure what do you next so I'll just observe clearly the pivot isn't such a strong resistance area... hum.

My pivot is at 7552

Cableguy said:
I moved my stop, just closed the trade for +1 on 5546. I'm not sure what do you next so I'll just observe clearly the pivot isn't such a strong resistance area... hum.

My pivot is at 7552

I make the Cam pivot 548 with the mid point between this and S1 7551. Good rationale behind your short, but I tend to wait until price comes back through H3 before shorting.