Best Thread Live Cable Trading

Cableguy said:
Will be shorting @ 1.7534, target 30 pips (daily target) s/l: 25 pips, if my order gets filled that is. Also if you wan't to be consistently profitable, just do the opposite of me :rolleyes:

lol Cableguy!

zuke said:
Karmit, I used to be an indicator junkie but tend not to use them much any more. When I do, its usually 1 or 2 max of ADX, RSI, Stochs and Keltners. As I said usually only use 1 of them.

So you just use S&R then zuke?

Cableguy said:
So you just use S&R then zuke?

Pretty much and look out for Fib bounces and reversal patterns. I like to keep my trading very simple.

Cableguy said:
Will be shorting @ 1.7534, target 30 pips (daily target) s/l: 25 pips, if my order gets filled that is. Also if you wan't to be consistently profitable, just do the opposite of me :rolleyes:

Yeah I'm going to enter a short at about 7530.

Can't decide how much of this dollar retracement is due to $ sentiment or panic selling as a result of the earthquake in California.

zuke said:
Pretty much and look out for Fib bounces and reversal patterns. I like to keep my trading very simple.

Used to use a ton of indicators myself, spent months backtesting and playing around. Just use Pivots and S&R now - with some success but I'm a newbie. If you don't mind me asking what broker you use? I've been looking at opening a mini forex account as I don't like leaving my limit orders with Finspreads.

Or if anyone can recommend a mini forex broker?

Cheers

CG

Cableguy said:
Used to use a ton of indicators myself, spent months backtesting and playing around. Just use Pivots and S&R now - with some success but I'm a newbie. If you don't mind me asking what broker you use? I've been looking at opening a mini forex account as I don't like leaving my limit orders with Finspreads.

Or if anyone can recommend a mini forex broker?

Cheers

CG

I use OANDA..pretty good. No real complaints..charts are a bit basic, but there are plenty of better ones anyway. I also SB some positions with Crapital Spreads

zuke said:
I use OANDA..pretty good. No real complaints..charts are a bit basic, but there are plenty of better ones anyway. I also SB some positions with Crapital Spreads
:cheesy: They seem to be making some effort

coolTrader said:
:cheesy: They seem to be making some effort

They do, but I havent forgiven them for not filling at £10 per point order on Light Crude. I tried NINE times! I eventually got filled when the market reversed and I was 20 points down. I end up getting stopped out at 30 points...boy was I mad :devilish:

Resistance becomes support

Did anyone catch this support at 1.7536? And will you be shorting the next level 1.7590?

Regards VSATrader

Attachments

• cable.png
    cable.png
    28.2 KB · Views: 204
VSATrader said:
Did anyone catch this support at 1.7536? And will you be shorting the next level 1.7590?

Regards VSATrader

I make the next major res 645. Not looking to counter trade just yet.

VSATrader said:

Regards VSATrader

Good call on shorting @7590 :cool:

Camarilla Resistance

Perfect reversal on the H3 area (1.7596) - the market should now reverse to 1.7439 although it's got along way to travel... Love camarillia pivots you just can't make this stuff up.

Attachments

• h3 resistance.gif
    h3 resistance.gif
    16.5 KB · Views: 196