Best Thread Live Cable Trading

Baruch said:
Well, I started trading this method last week :cheesy: . There was one here - obobtrader - which had back-tested the system, and he said it don't work. But I don't care, as long as it give me some pips every morning...But as I said, it's a side-show for me, because I am a news trader. That's what I love.

PS. Pips? Yesterday I made 200 pips. Target? What the markets want to give. Exit? When the move/trend stops.

a trading hero is born...

why dont you post entries and exits rather than harry hindsight ego-bolstering?

Kaffee said:
LOL. You didn't make 200 pips yesterday from the big ben method.

And 200 pips from a 20 point stop strategy?? Blimey, that's some set of indicators you've got
there.

Yes, I did. Because of the method I was ready to trade in the morning, so I did catch the move. 200 pips? Well, it was also because I used my brain, and stayed with the trade, but anything wrong with that? :cheesy:

FetteredChinos said:
a trading hero is born...

why dont you post entries and exits rather than harry hindsight ego-bolstering?

A trading hero? :cheesy: No, I don't post my trades here, but you all know my method, so you all check on the charts to see, if I win or lose...

Cableguy said:
Sorry Kaffee, didn't read your post that clearly..

Cross over on the EMA confirmed by RSI

CG

Confirmed as in a rising RSI for a long and vice versa for a short ?

Baruch said:
Yes, I did. Because of the method I was ready to trade in the morning, so I did catch the move. 200 pips? Well, it was also because I used my brain, and stayed with the trade, but anything wrong with that? :cheesy:

Nothing like good intuition, how long you been trading Forex Baruch?

CG

Baruch said:
A trading hero? :cheesy: No, I don't post my trades here, but you all know my method, so you all check on the charts to see, if I win or lose...

so you lost this morning then, as

a) we didnt have a range from 7-8am

b) the "move" was heading down at that time...

so i make that -20 for you today....

or are you going to claim something else?

Kaffee said:
Confirmed as in a rising RSI for a long and vice versa for a short ?

Don't go long if the RSI is above 55 and don't go short in the RSI is below 45, are these rules correct Baruch? Avoids you 'holding the bag'

CG

Baruch said:

You mean to say you watched the trade go through 50 70 120 150 points and didn't cut it ??

Brave man... it also means you basically nailed the extremities of the trading range yesterday.
Neither feat I've ever seen before. Well done.

And what is your resting heartrate ? Must be low 40's to be that calm.

Here it is - have never seen it before:

rav700 said:
A Pdf that I came across while I was doing my research.............
May help you guys :cheesy:

But where is the link?

Cableguy said:
Don't go long if the RSI is above 55 and don't go short in the RSI is below 45, are these rules correct Baruch? Avoids you 'holding the bag'

CG

I see. And what time settings on the chart ?

Kaffee said:
You mean to say you watched the trade go through 50 70 120 150 points and didn't cut it ??

Brave man... it also means you basically nailed the extremities of the trading range yesterday.
Neither feat I've ever seen before. Well done.

And what is your resting heartrate ? Must be low 40's to be that calm.

No problem. The trend was up the whole way, wasn't it? :cheesy:

PS. In "the old days" you could get more than 200-300 pips news trading NPF in 2-3 hours.

Kaffee said:
It's a Pdf in that post.... I've just looked at it.

Can you make a link to it from here?

You can read all the rules, and see some charts which explains the method.

Cableguy said:
The original was on a 30min timeframe, but the system I know sounds a little different.

Yes, I traded it public on a 30 min timeframe, but as I said, there came to many signals in the night. You have to be two persons to trade it... :D

Baruch said:
No problem. The trend was up the whole way, wasn't it? :cheesy:

PS. In "the old days" you could get more than 200-300 pips news trading NPF in 2-3 hours.

Well yes it was, now I've had a look at your settings, but I mean, sitting there watching the pips rack up, how on earth did you not chop it ??

So on a NPF day... you still stick with your indcators ? Isn't the move done and dusted by the time the 30 min chart picks up the trend?