Best Thread Live Cable Trading

hmmm keeping my beadie eye on that dollar yen again possible upside hourly channel break 118.91/2 see if it leans back or tanks off. might kick the non dollars back a bit.

well the trade was right, but you guys put me off, and done the same as me, I am not sure if it was you own thinking or you followed me, :cheesy: anyway the target has been hit at 1,7184 ;)

fxmarkets said:
hmmm keeping my beadie eye on that dollar yen again possible upside hourly channel break 118.91/2 see if it leans back or tanks off. might kick the non dollars back a bit.

for scalping i might long on break of 119, or short on 188.60, possible 25 - 30 pips. decisions, decisions...

Dollar repatriation until the end of the year, some one on CNBC says American firms have a tax break until the end of the year so they are transferring their money back to America.

Breadman

breadman said:
Dollar repatriation until the end of the year, some one on CNBC says American firms have a tax break until the end of the year so they are transferring their money back to America.

Breadman

IMHO this is one of the key factors in the recent $ strength. Then when it moves specs get in, starts quoting yeild diffs etc and it snowballs.

What happens after this $ boosting period is over will be the real test of $ resilience.

G-Man

Yes, and i guess as long as the interest rate difference (BoE, ECB against Fed) is maintained, the dollar will keep trending north.

Last edited:
I try to give the thread 1 trade a day but done 2 today +6 and a + 21. :D

I would like you views trading forex,using CME Futures or S/B,What do you guys trade, For scalp my self I still rather futures as I can buy the Bid and sell the Ask, You cant do this with S/B And I dont like how they price change, I had 2 firms up, one was CMC and the other Capital Spread, two different prices you get,example the bid on CMC was 83 and capital spreads 81, some times they get in line but most of the time they are all over the place. Although I can trade with by broker and trade Spot but margin is 2k to trade around $10 a point. the prices are true, but the margin is high, unlike S/B Where you can trade on 150 quid margin with cmc and 60 quid with capital, based on 1 pound a point.

Last edited:
Anyone feeling bullish

:cheesy:
I think if we break the 1.2225 then we will test the 300 in a matter of hours

rav700 said:
:cheesy:
I think if we break the 1.2225 then we will test the 300 in a matter of hours

Test of 225 failed..support at 190 though. It'll probably be tested again soon

Still bouncing around in the hourly rising channel.

Becoming more significant IMP. Break could be the next move.

G-Man

badtrader said:
I try to give the thread 1 trade a day but done 2 today +6 and a + 21. :D

I would like you views trading forex,using CME Futures or S/B,What do you guys trade, For scalp my self I still rather futures as I can buy the Bid and sell the Ask, You cant do this with S/B And I dont like how they price change, I had 2 firms up, one was CMC and the other Capital Spread, two different prices you get,example the bid on CMC was 83 and capital spreads 81, some times they get in line but most of the time they are all over the place. Although I can trade with by broker and trade Spot but margin is 2k to trade around $10 a point. the prices are true, but the margin is high, unlike S/B Where you can trade on 150 quid margin with cmc and 60 quid with capital, based on 1 pound a point.

Exactly the dilemma I am facing currently. In England (not sure if you know this) but profits on Spread betting are tax free.....Whereas trading the actual currency with a broker e.g. FXCM profits would be taxed as income. So I'm still trying to figure out if it's better to trade actual/fair prices and take the 40% hit on the profit or try and beat the spread bet companies, which have a most annoying habit of hitting stops and opening order prices when the market is a good few points away.

Oh, and you miss the Asian sessions on the spread bet... so analysis of swing trades is screwed because very often targets are hit (and reversed) while the instrument is "closed".

Anyone else have any views ??

Kaffee said:
Exactly the dilemma I am facing currently. In England (not sure if you know this) but profits on Spread betting are tax free.....Whereas trading the actual currency with a broker e.g. FXCM profits would be taxed as income. So I'm still trying to figure out if it's better to trade actual/fair prices and take the 40% hit on the profit or try and beat the spread bet companies, which have a most annoying habit of hitting stops and opening order prices when the market is a good few points away.

Oh, and you miss the Asian sessions on the spread bet... so analysis of swing trades is screwed because very often targets are hit (and reversed) while the instrument is "closed".

Anyone else have any views ??
Another thing you need to look in to, is charts there is no one chart the same in showing prices. The best I have found is VT Trader charts and they are Free,But I am sure someone will prove me wrong.

Don't know if this helps but I use s/b's primarily because my profits are tax free.

Yes, their prices and spread do vary from market but as I am not a scalper, that is not a serious problem.

I also need to have less capital tied up in any individual trade which is important as I often trade indices,forex and stocks. Not all of which can be traded on the same platform.

So s/b's are convenient from more than one standpoint. And although they are much maligned, it is generally by people who dont understand the markets.

I dont trade during asian sessions as I am tucked up in bed .

For forex and some U.S trades I use mt4 charts. They are also free but I am happy to try
VT Trader if you would like to give me a link.
For others I have a number of DDE links and my own charts and indicators.