Best Thread Live Cable Trading

zuke said:
Morning all

10 lots
LONG 508
Stop 481
Targets 542 (2 lots), 563 (2 lots), 597 (6 lots)

OK Target 1 hit for +34 pips. Stop is at b/e so I am now:

8 lots
Long 508
Stop 508
Targets 563 ( 2 lots), 597 6 lots

EDIT scratched trade at 522 for +14 as signal from system is reversal.

Hi trendie,

FCBO = Fixed Channel BreakOut, originally posted by SM01 over on Strategybuilder FX. 5-8am range, add 15 to high, subtract 15 from low for entries. 80 stoploss; 150 target; move to breakeven after +30 (so not an ideal 'set & forget').

VEBO rules can be found here:
http://www.trade2win.com/boards/showpost.php?p=263934&postcount=8213

Useful methods during high volatility and seem best suited to cable than anything else.

Wonder if today's bounce down from the pivot (8551) will take us down during the week to DC's 8331 target. Would be a 61.8 retracement (taking last week's high down to July 17th low), if hit.

I guess you're still looking for c8600 before shorting DC...or are you already in?

Last edited:
Hi Baruch,

Yes, although i'm just logging the trades in the journal section, rather than duplicating them in the thread. I'm forward testing both volatility expansion and fixed channel (ie +/-15 pips from the 5am-8am range) breakouts.

I read a bit more recently about the use of pivots and that prompted my comment earlier.

I covered my short position this morning which unless we drop below 465 today I will be taking off tomorrow @605

the cover that is not the short

...has it got the legs to test the overnight low, i wonder. Decent pivot reversal play again so far this am.

I used to love pivots, but they've cost me too many pips over the last year so I abandoned them. I am on the sidelines, but will be going long very soon

EBIT: BTW DC..Im Long on the Dow from 11002, Im looking for a run to at least 230 and possibly to 330 this week.

OK, Im in.

10 lots
Long 509
Stop 482
Targets 543 (2 lots), 564 (3 lots), 598 (5 lots)

The market is rather strange this morning. Wished I had just taken it @ 5am when I heard my signals screeming.

The dollar seems to be strengthing against USDJPY and USDCHF. But cable is also stron and it is causing some choppy moves here

Pretty slow start and I just hope we get some direction. I have small long from 90 s/l now break even, looking to short around 1.8600 but not convinced we will get there today

zuke said:
I used to love pivots, but they've cost me too many pips over the last year so I abandoned them. I am on the sidelines, but will be going long very soon

EBIT: BTW DC..Im Long on the Dow from 11002, Im looking for a run to at least 230 and possibly to 330 this week.
...likewise, i've never really found the s&r levels around the pivot to be that reliable, but just from observation, the pivot area seems a useful place to put together a method...gives me something to think about while VEBO & FCBO do their thang; both still dormant this morning.

Good luck with your long.

ChowClown said:
...likewise, i've never really found the s&r levels around the pivot to be that reliable, but just from observation, the pivot area seems a useful place to put together a method...gives me something to think about while VEBO & FCBO do their thang; both still dormant this morning.

Good luck with your long.

Chow, VEBO and FCBO concern me a lot more when you get a resonable move in Asia, as it then obviously requires quite large directional move in Europe before entries a triggered. Have you any idea if the system is significantly worse if the Asia range is more than say 50 points?

OT, no idea. These BOs are in 'raw' test mode atm. Filters taking into account overnight range and news may well improve them.