Best Thread Live Cable Trading

darktone said:
its all time frame.. my guess is your 15 minute chart is my 4 hr chart :LOL: ... im no screen monkey! :)

dt, I wouldn't know what to do between bars apart from scratch my **se.
dare I ask what you get up to?

DoubleSix said:
you sound very excited for a 4hr trader.

have you gone long ?

excited!? you lost me on that one :eek:

have i gone long? nope! have you? :)

thought you might have seen the higher low around 1pm.

havent had one of those for a long time and usually invokes a strong reversal.

so closed shorts

but looking to short again if/when this rally fails

samtron said:
dt, I wouldn't know what to do between bars apart from scratch my **se.
dare I ask what you get up to?

You mean you dont fill your day posting wind-up posts on other threads ?!?!

Seriously, I am sure you read books or listen to the radio.

Wheres Jonny ( said in a Jack "The Shining" Nicholson voice ) , I dont think he has posted this week so far.

I've retired from trading after listening to DonaldDukes advice. He really is an expert that guy, multimillionaire from trading...

Took two trades today, resulting in -13

Rather ironcally both trades an early short and later long were both stopped out on the dot. i.e the market hit my stops, didn't pass them, then went onto to make nice moves in my desired direction.

Just the look of the draw.

JonnyT

Cable

Hi Guys,

I think that cable has bottomed out for sure, but it will be a slow slog back up, if it stays above this line, I think it will crawl slowly.

Attached chart for u all.

Regards

Attachments

• cable.png
    cable.png
    28.3 KB · Views: 202
VSATrader,

welcome to the thread. ( I dont think you have posted here before )

when would you go long ?
would you have a profit target ?
what would be your stop-loss ?

VSATrader said:
Hi Guys,

I think that cable has bottomed out for sure, but it will be a slow slog back up, if it stays above this line, I think it will crawl slowly.

Attached chart for u all.

Regards

looks that way but... It could still continue down at a later day. the up move has been rather choppy. IMHO it could go either way.

VSA
thanks for the chart but I cant see anything in it that says this is no more than just another correction in the downtrend from oversold.

Can you ?

Hi Guys;

Thanks for your replys, I don't pass myself as a guru, because I'm not. But I have been a trader for 9 years and have my fair share of battle scars to prove it :cheesy:

For me to go in, there would have to be strength in the background, which there is a double bottom, but it's not concrete. And as it has been said, it could slide back down, but it will be an intresting study to see if the market pulls this one off. Having said that, I prefer to short, I am a bear in any market and sit waiting to short. I have never felt comfortable going long, as weakness is easier to spot than strength.

I have no profit target, just let it run it's course.

30 pip stop loss, but I only trade 10,000 as I have a real account and don't want to blow it all at once, so it's a dollar a pip until I get comfortable.

You mean you dont fill your day posting wind-up posts on other threads ?!?!

haha!!..i guess i kinda deserved that!! :)

happy with tha action so far.. lets see where and how we correct.. no hurry ;)

VSATrader said:
Hi Guys;

Thanks for your replys, I don't pass myself as a guru, because I'm not. But I have been a trader for 9 years and have my fair share of battle scars to prove it :cheesy:

For me to go in, there would have to be strength in the background, which there is a double bottom, but it's not concrete. And as it has been said, it could slide back down, but it will be an intresting study to see if the market pulls this one off. Having said that, I prefer to short, I am a bear in any market and sit waiting to short. I have never felt comfortable going long, as weakness is easier to spot than strength.

I have no profit target, just let it run it's course.

30 pip stop loss, but I only trade 10,000 as I have a real account and don't want to blow it all at once, so it's a dollar a pip until I get comfortable.

10,000 after 9years! :confused: