Best Thread Live Cable Trading

out of hedge long at b/e, want to re-enter it further down (EUR is going to re-test pivot at 2591 and 2600 big fig), want to take max advantage of that.

marmoset said:
out of hedge long at b/e, want to re-enter it further down (EUR is going to re-test pivot at 2591 and 2600 big fig), want to take max advantage of that.

Hi, I am a newbie too and don't understand, why you close the long hedge, when you expect 2591 and 2600 at Euro?!

Woodcrusher said:
Hi, I am a newbie too and don't understand, why you close the long hedge, when you expect 2591 and 2600 at Euro?!

Basically because I had only one pip between the short at 45 and the long hedge at 44 and I wanted something like 5 pips in between.

One way of securing a pip profit is putting a hedge long UNDER your short, the further the distance between them, the bigger the secured profit. Secured meaning: no matter where it goes, I've got those pips locked in.

Unfortunately cable isn't going down for this plan to be executed, so I'm chewing my fingernails for a bit here. If I'd left it in I might have scalped a few pips here and there already.

out of long at +1 (+19), short again at 43

Moving just when I went to the kitchen to fetch another coffee :devilish:

added another short at 43, targets 30 and 29

Right, off to put my sneakers in the washer (as market makes nice big moves when I'm not around :p)

marmoset said:
Tokyo's been a bit of a mess: +13, but I'm still short at 8399 for a whopping -46.

Target for the short 45: 30

Hrumpf, cable doing its "no waya I'ma gonna go downa" again :|

marmoset,

Haven't you forgot this short? :confused:

Niiiice: out at 31 and 30: +12 +8: +20 +30: +50 :cheesy:

Daily target made, going for extras later on (probably NY open)

Marmoset, what happened to your 399 short? What S/L did you get stopped out at?

Morning all btw..currently on the sidelines with Entry longs at 8369 and 8500 and Entry shorts at 8460 and 8320.