Best Thread Live Cable Trading

rav700 said:
Good job matey ;)

Oh, it's only the start.

Now I need to find the consensus numbers and the actual published numbers to correlate type of movement (up/down/none) to the charts.
If a strong correlation emerges (figures off +/-/= to move up/down/flat), I'm in business :cheesy:

Then the next step would be to find a fast news provider (will test first with Reuters feed on my VT platform) so I can get an edge, namely a sneak preview to decide on direction to be taken.
Stopwatch between time scheduled and appearance on Reuters would be my lab techie approach. Then scout around for newsfeeds, same approach.

I love the smell of fundamental research in the morning, it smells like... profits! :cool:

Hi guys,
Whats your views for the week ahead........................
Mine Cable going down down down....
I think 1.8375 will be broken tommorow and then the 25 not to far away....
I will be shorting that for sure but when......mmm
I think looking at the backdated data 8416 should become resistance so I guess
Short @1.8416 and limit 1 @ 1.8375 and trailing there after really.....
Lets see how it goes,,,,
My target for this week is 150 pips min lets see if I can get some consistency going...
Best of luck cable traders......
Will keep on posting
Happy trading
Rav :cheesy:

marmoset said:
Oh, it's only the start.

Now I need to find the consensus numbers and the actual published numbers to correlate type of movement (up/down/none) to the charts.
If a strong correlation emerges (figures off +/-/= to move up/down/flat), I'm in business :cheesy:

Then the next step would be to find a fast news provider (will test first with Reuters feed on my VT platform) so I can get an edge, namely a sneak preview to decide on direction to be taken.
Stopwatch between time scheduled and appearance on Reuters would be my lab techie approach. Then scout around for newsfeeds, same approach.

I love the smell of fundamental research in the morning, it smells like... profits! :cool:

Hey marmoset did you see the forexB$trds thread... they talk on there about good newsfeeds... hope that helps, keep up the good work.

Now let's see this cable dive dive dive !!!

What the hell was THAT?? :eek:
Looks like the machines are at it liquidating positions held over the weekend...

Oh well, shan't complain, was long at 98 (94+spread), out at 08: first 10 pips in the bag, long again at 97 (93+4)

Attachments

• UnknownSpike.GIF
    UnknownSpike.GIF
    51.2 KB · Views: 147
  • MoreSpikes.GIF
    MoreSpikes.GIF
    50.3 KB · Views: 133
Seems like the shorts have kicked in just as expected......Still a bit confused about the initial movement though.....
I had a short order in @1.8403 stop @23 limit @ 83 currently @ +12 but going to let that one roll
Will keep you updated

rav700 said:
Seems like the shorts have kicked in just as expected......Still a bit confused about the initial movement though.....
I had a short order in @1.8403 stop @23 limit @ 83 currently @ +12 but going to let that one roll
Will keep you updated
out @ 93 +10 will wait a bit till tk open for next order .......... :confused:

Still long at 97, target 07, entry short at 08 and one below current low of 86.

Couldn't get in at 03 (that would have been a short), as I've started up my backup copy of VT Trader, on which I haven't set up the charts yet. So by the time I got in, it was down at 94 and both long and short looked good.

marmoset said:
Right, Tokyo's in the door, they've had their Weetabix, let's see what comes up. :confused:

I think it will fill the gap to 75 and then try and come back to 416 and then all the way down.........
First a lil visit to 75......I think :rolleyes:

rav700 said:
short @ 95 stop @ 8417 limit1 @85 then 75....... :LOL:

ok Thats another job done +10

So total for the Trading so far is +20

Now have got another 10 Pips to make and that should be it am setting my alarms on now for the 75 and 16

ie 3 alarms have been set

s16 stop @ 26 ---------Limit@ 86
s65 stop @ 85----------Limit@45
L 75 stop @ 60--------- A May be trade but then Limit @ 95

Gonna get some kip and let the alarms do the rest of the work for me,,,,,
Happy Trading

yep, b/e on the 84, but EUR has some trouble waking up, it hit the M1 support as well, expecting a slow grind up now

marmoset said:
yep, b/e on the 84, but EUR has some trouble waking up, it hit the M1 support as well, expecting a slow grind up now

I was just running a range scan on other currencies and USD\CAD looked like an opportunity for me so I have taken it ...I know I should not really mention it on this thread cos some may not like it but its just an opp...
Long @1.1068 stop @1.1048 and Limit@ 1.1088....

If this comes throught then it will will be + 40 or 0 one of the 2 hahah :cheesy:

Heh, we have the board to ourselves. Me, I'm actually looking at $/JPY: now there's some range jobbing action :eek:
Will keep that window open in the next few nights, see if I can figure my way in.

OTOH, opened a hedge short at 90, just on top of the long 89 (85+4). EUR is finally stirring :)

Last edited:
Closed all longs: 97 at 92: -5, 89 at 92: +3, 84 at 92: +8 : +6, add in the +10 from that weird formation I posted: +16.

Currently short at 90, target 80, entry short at 74, target 50, entry short at 8408, target 90.

EUR seems to be floundering, and the workable channel is only 14 pips wide and I think the second downgrind is imminent. If not, I've got the entry short at 8408 to catch it, or should a big move down happen, 74 will catch that one.

EDIT: Bedtime! ;)

Well well well, here's for my morning kicking session *ooh* *ow* *ouch*
Should have left those longs in, just as calculated :(

Short again at 26 (Kids, don't try this at home with an underfunded account and a breakneck 400:1 margin)
Frankfurt's in, looking for a pre-London drop to the big figure... but ready to bail/hedge at any moment ;)