Best Thread Live Cable Trading

chrisw said:
As has been said in previous posts, you just need to work out how much is enough for you and seeing as you have achieved it already, happy days. 35 per hour, day, or week doesn't matter as long as it fits in your plan. Compounding can be slow long process but slowly slowly, catchee monkey (or marmoset!).

Slightly off topic, whereabouts in Switzerland are you and what is your native tongue?

LOOK AT THAT MOTHER GO :eek: :eek: :eek: Sorry, just had to holler :LOL:

Yep, deciding when to call it a day is quite important to me, previously the charts ruled my life... Anyway, money's a good servant but a bad master (heck, Marm, stop dropping platitudes, for Pete's sake!).

I'm in Zurich, my mother tongue is SwissGerman (yah, me Swiss), but I grew in the Flemish part of Belgium, making Dutch my second mother language. English is definitely my favourite foreign language (A level in high school, along with Latin and Sciences), and my French, after 10 years (5 in Brussels, 5 in French Guyana) in francophonia is good enough to be mistaken for a Frog.

Gotta run now, hamsterwheel awaitin'! ;)

Double whammy!

Long Yen and Short cable.. guess they don't like each other... :cheesy:

Attachments

• dlryen_gbpdlr_doublewhammy060608.GIF
    dlryen_gbpdlr_doublewhammy060608.GIF
    27.9 KB · Views: 134
elbart said:
It has to bounce off the 500 level ...... otherwise.... well 470 could hold as next support, and if that does not hold then I can see 350 - 330 today (if ECB interest rate hike already priced in) ... all good stuff hey.

:cheesy: :cheesy: :cheesy: ..... nice.

zuke said:
LONG @480, 10 lots Limit @600 (start scaling out); Stop@ 420
Will move stop to b/e when trade hits 530

Forgot to close the trade at b/e before the rate decision :eek: so stopped out at 420 for -60 :(

Looking for a 345 Long entry now.

here we go 234 do do do doddo

Long Long time ago I can still remember when etc

just a tad Long here cable and will be looking for a Dow Long in 20 mins

I'm shattered chaps today's been draining ! Made 27 for the day and I'm always happy when it's any profit. Made quite a few mistakes today with my decisions and still came out on top :rolleyes: Now to make the most of the sunshine !

see ya and good trading if you're still in

dc2000 said:
here we go 234 do do do doddo

Long Long time ago I can still remember when etc

just a tad Long here cable and will be looking for a Dow Long in 20 mins
...the 5min 123 looks tempting - nice shape imo, just waiting for a bit more confirmation, CCI(20) through zero does the trick for me.

zuke said:
Speculative LONG@410, 5 lots Target 1 530, Stop 360

Sorry for being thick, but what's the difference between a Speculative Long and a Non-Speculative one?

Wish luck on your trade anyway.

JER08 said:
Sorry for being thick, but what's the difference between a Speculative Long and a Non-Speculative one?

Wish luck on your trade anyway.

A non speculative long is where I get a DEFINITE signal from my system and all my ducks are in a line. A speculative long is where this is only partially true, or where Im making a trade purely on price action. On speculative trades I always halve my size, hence only trading 5 lots.

marmoset said:
I'm in Zurich, my mother tongue is SwissGerman (yah, me Swiss), but I grew in the Flemish part of Belgium, making Dutch my second mother language. English is definitely my favourite foreign language (A level in high school, along with Latin and Sciences), and my French, after 10 years (5 in Brussels, 5 in French Guyana) in francophonia is good enough to be mistaken for a Frog.
Wow! Impressed. I've lived in quite a few different countries and its embarrising at times as nearly everyone I've met speaks there mother tongue and (usually) English, and occasionally another. All the Brits can ever muster is Hello, goodbye and ordering a beer!

The range I see for the next 10 hours is between the 1.8440 and 1.8375 = 65 pips....
So For my scalping friends out there I need not say any more will be looking to buy or sell around those regions with very tight stops around 15 pip stops.....
So I am putting the orders in for
Short @ 1.8440 stop @1.8455 target @1.8415 = 25 pips
Long @ 1.8375 stop @1.8350 target @1.8405=30 pips

Let the range trading begin.....
Best of luck everyone :cheesy:

rav700 said:
The range I see for the next 10 hours is between the 1.8440 and 1.8375 = 65 pips....
So For my scalping friends out there I need not say any more will be looking to buy or sell around those regions with very tight stops around 15 pip stops.....
So I am putting the orders in for
Short @ 1.8440 stop @1.8455 target @1.8415 = 25 pips
Long @ 1.8375 stop @1.8350 target @1.8405=30 pips

Let the range trading begin.....
Best of luck everyone :cheesy:

I have taken them out just like I am supposed to hahahah
I achieved my first trade even before getting home +25 pips
That was a nice one :cheesy: Nearly got stopped out at 55 but good thing I wasn't looking

I am putting my order in again at the same level and will keep both orders going in this period of range....... :cheesy:

rav700 said:
I have taken them out just like I am supposed to hahahah
I achieved my first trade even before getting home +25 pips
That was a nice one :cheesy: Nearly got stopped out at 55 but good thing I wasn't looking

I am putting my order in again at the same level and will keep both orders going in this period of range....... :cheesy:
Good calls Rav. Now it's hesitating around 18420. But who cares, short from 18440 already delivered 20+pts.

leovirgo said:
Good calls Rav. Now it's hesitating around 18420. But who cares, short from 18440 already delivered 20+pts.
Thanks mate I am just going by my range trading concept....I dont like to be in trades for long times and also. I have changed my trading methods to 25 pips only......
Let see if it works......Learnt it from the king of pips marmoset :cheesy:
Best of luck happy trading

I think its time for my 2nd order am waiting for a couple more pips up first will place the order in the next min or so........waiting..... :idea: