Short triggered at 1.2186 for EUR/USD.
Stopped out by SL. Result -33 pips.

Long triggered at 1.7819 for GBP/USD.
Stopped out by moved SL. Result 0 pips.

Long triggered at 1.2219 for EUR/USD.
Stopped out by SL. Result -33 pips.

Long triggered at 1.2221 for EUR/USD.
Stopped out by SL. Result -50 pips.

Yes. Today -204 pips so far. We're stopped out six times today by our SL.

Hans

It's not a good system. If it can't catch the big moves, it's nothing worth. I like the idea behind this system (to trade the breakouts after europe and us opens), but not its money management rules

my programming must be rubbish. ( particularly galling when I get paid to do this kind of thing )

I did an analysis of the cable morning trade, I consistently get a negative figure !!
in the -1,600 ball-park. ( peaked at atround -2,500 Aug / Sep, then got better )

you could argue:
a: the afternoon session could balance it out and make the profit
( but Kaffee has pointed out that hans reckons the morning trades are better than the afternoon ones )

b: that the euro isnt considered, and it may make the money.
( but euro / cable follow each other dont they ? )

I will have another go, after leaving it for a couple of days, in case my logic is rubbish, but on first pass, I would be worried.
( as Baruch says, the money management may be the achiles heel )
nonetheless, no reason not to manually trade it, monitor it for a few more weeks.

Hans123 Update... it could have been a lot worse on Friday than it actually turned out:-

The results of 01/27:

EUR/USD:
short at 1.2186, stopped out by SL, result -33 pips
long at 1.2219, stopped out by SL, result -33 pips
short at 1.2221, stopped out by SL, result -50 pips
long at 1.2160, closed at 23.00 CET, result +66 pips

GBP/USD:
long at 1.7809, stopped out by SL, result -44 pips
short at 1.7765, stopped out by SL, result -44 pips
long at 1.7819, stopped out by moved SL, result 0 pips
short at 1.7750, closed at 23.00 CET, result +78 pips

Total for the day: -60 pips
Total for this month: +139 pips

Hans

trendie said:
my programming must be rubbish. ( particularly galling when I get paid to do this kind of thing )

I did an analysis of the cable morning trade, I consistently get a negative figure !!
in the -1,600 ball-park. ( peaked at atround -2,500 Aug / Sep, then got better )

you could argue:
a: the afternoon session could balance it out and make the profit
( but Kaffee has pointed out that hans reckons the morning trades are better than the afternoon ones )

b: that the euro isnt considered, and it may make the money.
( but euro / cable follow each other dont they ? )

I will have another go, after leaving it for a couple of days, in case my logic is rubbish, but on first pass, I would be worried.
( as Baruch says, the money management may be the achiles heel )
nonetheless, no reason not to manually trade it, monitor it for a few more weeks.

No it wasn't Hans, someone else on the thread had pointed it out. But he seems to have blanked it as a recommendation.

You're testing cable on it's own and sometimes EUR/USD saves the day.

Test it from October onwards... he's posted the results daily since then so we know what the forward test results are from that date. If you still get a negative figure then your logic and/or data is duff.

Baruch said:
It's not a good system. If it can't catch the big moves, it's nothing worth. I like the idea behind this system (to trade the breakouts after europe and us opens), but not its money management rules

The system is no better or worse than anything else.... but EVERYONE is ignoring the fact that it's not even a negative month for the system... and it has posted them before... only to go on and return monthly figures of +300, +400, +500 etc etc

EVERY system has drawdowns. As Rocky said to Apollo at the end of Rocky III.... "Just keep punching Apollo".

Kaffee said:
The system is no better or worse than anything else.... but EVERYONE is ignoring the fact that it's not even a negative month for the system... and it has posted them before... only to go on and return monthly figures of +300, +400, +500 etc etc

EVERY system has drawdowns. As Rocky said to Apollo at the end of Rocky III.... "Just keep punching Apollo".

I actually like the system, but it's money management rules wouldnt suit me (as pointed out to me by Kaffee!). Im only looking for 30 pips per day, usually with a 20 pip stop, so the money management of this system doesnt fit. I think Ill stick to my tunnel.

Looks like nothing much happening early doors so I guess I will have a leisurely breakfast and see y'all about 9:15am when with a bit of luck I should be buying at 631

dc2000 said:
Looks like nothing much happening early doors so I guess I will have a leisurely breakfast and see y'all about 9:15am when with a bit of luck I should be buying at 631

Although I think its a bit too early to call I am more bias towards the short this morning with a break of 669.

Mark

mbadrick said:
Although I think its a bit too early to call I am more bias towards the short this morning with a break of 669.

Mark

I am in work at the moment but I can see 669 broke with a vegence eventually.

Mark

Mrng Chaps

Looks like I was a few mins and pips out but hey dont shoot the messenger

Last edited:
Baruch said:
Not a good morning for Big Ben... :eek:

Just to make sure I don't repeat myself for the umpteenth time..... tell me what the MAXIMUM is you could have achieved from Big Ben this morning if you caught the extreme. It was far from a bad morning if you did in fact trade it. ( I didn't)