List Of Spread Betting firms associated to one another

jeffre4

Experienced member
Is there a list of spread betting firms out there for easy referance i didnt realise until last night that Finspreads and City index come under the same umbrella

Hi jeffre4,
If you scroll to the very bottom of either the homepage or the 'About us' page of most sites - you'll see some small print. In there somewhere is all the legal stuff about trading names, where they're registered and whether they're FSA regulated etc. If the firm is a 'white label' and/or a wholly owned subsidiary of another firm - it should say so in there somewhere. If you do a search on the parent name - you'll soon find out what other companies are part of the group. AFAIK, here isn't a list with all this info on - not least because it's constantly changing as new companies spring up and old ones go belly up or get bought out etc.
Tim.

cheers, city index broker just rang and tried to get me to set up an account said that just because they were connected to finspreads you would still get £50000 under FSA regulations from each one should they go belly up which i do not believe

cheers, city index broker just rang and tried to get me to set up an account said that just because they were connected to finspreads you would still get £50000 under FSA regulations from each one should they go belly up which i do not believe

I think you do, but there are probably more important things to consider when you're opening an account. Are you really proposing to deposit £50k with a SB?