Leverage Cost Negating Profit

Nowler

Experienced member
Hey all,
No real purpose for posting this - just for the sake of saying it.

I've had money in some Silver, Gold, Copper and Platinum CFD's for a while now - depositing into it from each months wages.
I've just recalculated things again, and the interest I paid so far on the leverage provided is 13.5% of my current account value - lol

Strongly considering just closing all positions and buying stocks for the corresponding commodities!
13.5% of my account in fees! Crazy :)

Being early in unleveraged vehicles -Fantastic!
Being early in Leveraged ones - an absolute pain in the ball sack!

Buying the stocks of these commodities provides free leverage to the underlying anyway...

Learning alright...
Learning that the majory of my grey hairs are trading related lol

You have hair left ??

o_O
Oh ya!
A grand head of brown and grey hair.
And a ginger, brown and grey beard.

I'm practically Jeff Gundlach... if he was to have played the lead role in Castaway instead of Tom Hanks.

I expect you can find ETCs / ETFs for all of the metals you mention, or even some covering a broader variety of same. Probably the easiest way of you are happy to go unleveraged

I expect you can find ETCs / ETFs for all of the metals you mention, or even some covering a broader variety of same. Probably the easiest way of you are happy to go unleveraged
Yeah, I would imagine so...
I'm aware of the GDX and GDXJ anyway.
There are mainly gold miners, but I'm sure some of them also mine the others too some lesser degree.

I'll have a gander at other ETF's, I am aware of silver ones already.