Level II and time of sales incorporated into trading systems

pkfryer

243 0
With metastock is it possible to use Level II and T&S data in a trading system you develop? e.g. is it possible to get the average number of bid and asks on the Level II and T&S. There is a strategy I have been looking at that encorporates this information in its decision making process, and I thought it would be interesting to put it into a system for testing.

Does metastock have historic data for Level II and T&S?

TheBramble

Legendary member
8,394 1,170
MetaStock does not have any datafeed of its own. Historic or otherwise. And even if your datafeed supplied does provide LII - MS can't handle it.

pkfryer

243 0
oh! I thought metastock had its own database? I recall it saying something about including a CD with historic data going all the way back to the ice age for every single stock ever dreamt of! Is this not correct?

I've signed up for the QCharts + Metastock Pro subscription, but also wanted to do UK stocks which QCharts doesnt do. I think QCharts holds historic T&S.

Perhaps Level II and T&S isn't the sort of thing you could incorporate in a mechanic system anyway.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

But it's thanks to our sponsors that access to Trade2Win remains free for all. By viewing our ads you help us pay our bills, so please support the site and disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock