Level 2 and Indices

Max,

The best rates are from arcades, eg 50p (not sure if that's per side or round-trip). However, you need to be doing big volume per day. Maybe someone can indicate volume figures. But on only 20 lots per day, I'm sure you could improve.

20 lots on the FTSE will require c £60,000 margin (£3000 per contract, if I'm correct). Look at Eurex's bund, bobl or schatz. The bund is most the expensive in margin terms at c Euro 1000 per contract, bobl and schatz are less.

Grant.

to be honest I thought that arcades calculate volume as a total of contracts traded a day.

If say I do 150 trades by 1 contract that will count as 150 x 20 day a month = 3000 contracts.

When I say 150 trades = 1 contract in and then 1 contract out. then again. I am not going to keep an open position of size over 1 at any time (for first month or two). And generally I dont think I will have balls big enough to trade more than 5 contracts at a time ever.

Does my calculations make any sence? Is 3000 contracts a month is something suitable for arcade trading?

Or am I mistaken again ? :|

Lets form our own SB company, a Mutual society.

Sorry I dont understand. Underlying market for what I can trade OK is FTSE 100 Future contracts. One contract costs 60k to buy/sell. So ultimately I can scalp 3-4 pound in a trade.

It is much healthier to work in library for that kind of money.

How hard can it be to start a SB company, we could run it for a membership fee and put every SB company out of business, We could allow DMA and create it in same way CFD's trade shares, also recall that building societies (which were mutual societies) could always give you cheaper mortgages and higher savings rates,

Let’s start the revolution today.

In theory can’t SB companies be outsourced to china and comms could be cut to a fraction?

SD

Last edited:
Max,

If you trade 1 contract per time, you will need margin to cover only 1 contract. If you trade 1 contract 150 times a day, you still only need margin for 1 contract.

That volume should satisfy most arcades.

Grant.