Let's Talk Trading Set-Ups

Given the recent focus on CADCHF I thought I'd post today's opportunity. Follows exactly the same concepts that I have already outlined.

20191119cct1a.png

20191119cct1b.png

20191119cct1c.png

Ozzie strength entirely predictable. Need to see a couple of things happen and then we should see this weekly move play out.

View attachment 270597

Nice set-up on this one, I was originally looking short on this at start of the week on the retest of resistance, but looks to be pushing back above.

Attachments

• AUDUSD.png
    AUDUSD.png
    33.5 KB · Views: 109
NZDJPY has been in a range for a sometime, but seeing it post lower highs on its way back up to the range top.

Looking for the break out to the topside on this pair to happen.

Attachments

• NZDJPY.png
    NZDJPY.png
    24.1 KB · Views: 103
Is there a Res on GBPUSD?
I don't know how far away the price should go from the Res line for it to be "true" or "failed".
(assuming I put the lines on correctly)
supresgbpusd.png

Yes, have been mulling this over just now.
But how do you know to go short at the higher Res, and not the middle one (as per your screenshot).
All I can think of is that you take a small speculative position at the middle line, then bail out if it goes higher. Then do the same at the upper line, and then add in as it goes in your favour.

OR, (something I could automate), to set a short "at the next lower line".
If price keeps going up, you set a short at the previous Res. If price falls back to the previous Res, you go short. Vice versa for longs. (As price falls and passes each Sup line, the next higher is the trigger for a long.)
In above screenshot, I would go short at middle Res line, with the upper acting as alert.

It is not obvious to me that the Res line, that was the trigger WOULD BE the trigger, for a short.
(because price could have moved higher to the Highs of 1.3000 over on Oct 21st.)

PS: congrats on the trade, if you went short at the upper Res line! :)

small speculative position...not quite..its all about who has control
price moved up and broke the middle line
sellers had lost control

red trendline was a buy signal..

Early opportunity on GBPUSD

Retracement to the 61.8% and retesting the resistance level