Let's talk about Crude Oil

Hey there. I think that even with Saudi oil helping to make up the Russian shortfall it will push prices up as it is ultimately a finite resource. The flip side of course is over the coming years if this war sparks countries to reduce their reliance on oil that supply exceeds demand. I think we are some way off of that though.

Hey there. I think that even with Saudi oil helping to make up the Russian shortfall it will push prices up as it is ultimately a finite resource. The flip side of course is over the coming years if this war sparks countries to reduce their reliance on oil that supply exceeds demand. I think we are some way off of that though.
I agree with your prediction, expecting to see prices continue to rise but I do hope that this changes things in the future.

Sadly it normally takes war to bring about rapid innovation. A future without Russian oil and gas for the west requires this rapid innovation.

For me, the keyword here is rapid. Though it’s true that war drives technological advancements, it will certainly take time. I wish that we get a green alternative for crude oil because even if it has made our life easier, it has affected the environment so negatively.
100%. I hope it's the kick start the world needs to reduce reliance on fossil fuels for the benefit of the climate, even if it is driven by politics.