Lehman Bros & me!

13 - U cudda bin da nixt Nick Leeson - u cudda bin mista $2 bn down an stil gamblin' :LOL:

ROTFLMAO................ :LOL:

U lucky nixt time son don wurry.....

i told em i got 6 years experience on cbot floor, but wanna go upstairs hahahaha

It's just another 'Journey from the Basement' really, but I reckon 13's gonna miss floors 1-49 and land on the top deck soon.......... :cool:

Good on ya Boi.........!

yer not related to CarKey Boi are you.......? (sorry yuo....)

dont worry, im safe n sound - yr savings r safe w me. but cant disclose where 4 onvious reasons. hang on, theres a knock at the door....

Your interview technique is brilliant. She lost it because she couldn't answer your question (Why should I work here?).

If you don't get the job, not to worry. At least you won't end up as somebody's bitch in Sing Sing.

With your sense of humour, your obviously not American.

the woman obviously got no discrimination...

and no sense of humour. LOL!

MT

Thirteen said:
dont worry, im safe n sound - yr savings r safe w me. but cant disclose where 4 onvious reasons. hang on, theres a knock at the door....

ravenglass said:
What is the series 7 exam?

Do a search on Google for the CFTC (Commodity Futures Trading Commission - federal regulatory agency), NFA (National Futures Association - the industry's self-reguatory organisation) and the Futures Industry Association - all in the US. These should explain.

Series 7 (also 3, 6 and countless others) are the minimum qualification requirements to work in a section of the US financial markets. I'm not sure which is which but I think 3, 6 and 7 relate to futures, options, commodities and equities (there's also series 63 - options principal/market-maker(?)).

If you wish to take the exam you'll need to submit your fingerprints (2 sets), taken by a police officer, to the US. This will be sent to the the FIA and also the FBI (no kidding, I've done it).

ravenglass said:
Thanks Grant.

Did you get the qualification?

I honestly felt distinctly uncomfortable submiiting my prints to the FBI. Christ knows what they'd stitch me up with.

However, my paranoia shouldn't deter you. The Futures Industry Association in Washington can supply the study materials for futures - brief/short and not cheap ). I bought mine years ago). It not a difficult exam - Futures, Series 3.

Id be surprised if you couldn't get the materials in the UK. Exams can be taken in London, and I'm sure there are tutorials.

Hope this helps. Good luck.