Best Thread learning to read price action with p/f charts

you have to pay at least the Traders Sevices which is 49 Usd $ per month.

OK, that does tip it over the edge. Does it do anything that could help your trading though, even though they have the nicest platform..probably not.

Then I might just look at RT investor. They seem to have some good functionality, and a way to scan for actual breakouts as they happen which updata simply couldn't do.

The laverda, lovely retro scooter, one of the coolest looking around. Got rid of mine (malaguti) years back but I loved that so much. when I came off the 3rd time I figured it was enough!

How does it compare to Amibroker..well amibroker last time I used them couldn't even square the chart so P&F was useless.

You are telling rather nonsense. You can draw anything within AmiBroker so you can also draw old-fashioned P&F charts, i.e. getting your custom drawings done via Gfx. Such custom drawings also involve drawing your own girds and axes since you have total control over whole chart pane area.

Here are two examples

and even non-related to financial markets

You are telling rather nonsense. You can draw anything within AmiBroker so you can also draw old-fashioned P&F charts, i.e. getting your custom drawings done via Gfx. Such custom drawings also involve drawing your own girds and axes since you have total control over whole chart pane area.

you've shown two completely irrelevant videos.
Get amibroker, plot a P&F chart..whats the result?

They are not irrelevant. You just don't understand what is meant by Gfx functions and what you can do with it.

DU PLESSIS' book is like nuts and bolts for Point and Figure and states
well how to read charts, plot 45° TL and calculate objectives.
What I find is it lacks to give examples of trading strategie apart from
some basic pages where it depicts the reward/risk ratio.

1.Do you know any other book which could be helpful about
trading strategies and tactics using Point and Figure?

2. I've found that in order to assess wether a trade could be worth
entering it for me is compulsory to have a look at smaller and
higher time frames-boxes.

In your experience do you think that if I miss looking at 1 box reversal
I' ll lose an important piece of the main frame?
Or is it important only if we have a congestion phase?

Thanks for your answers

Last edited:
well amibroker last time I used them couldn't even square the chart so P&F was useless.

If you can't square a chart then what is this?

http://i.imgur.com/plwYZt1.png

Jack the ripper being risen and transparent behind bars? Maybe?

show us the P&F chart then

Draw you cheesy P&F via Gfx yourself. I'm not interested in ancient old fashioned stuff dinosaurs were playing around with on paper sheets to compress price info because they hadn't modern technology available yet.

Last edited:
If you can't square a chart then what is this?

http://i.imgur.com/plwYZt1.png

Jack the ripper being risen and transparent behind bars? Maybe?

Draw you cheesy P&F via Gfx yourself. I'm not interested in ancient old fashioned stuff dinosaurs were playing around with on paper sheets to compress price info because they hadn't modern technology available yet.

yeah right, modern technology and you're playing around with C++ go figure

the way forward is an amibroker add on ..i think...that will do the same as beb4
i would be very interested in that

yeah..but there is only grid paper..no plot

Yeah and the problem is? You just have to program it. The tools are available.

The thing is the other guy was telling some noob ******** because of having not much clue. So just by negating his claim of "can't square the chart ..." the case is closed.

Again you can draw anything on chart. You just have to do it. I'm not interested in ancient P&F so I don't need to do it.

Yeah and the problem is? You just have to program it. The tools are available.

The thing is the other guy was telling some noob ******** because of having not much clue. So just by negating his claim of "can't square the chart ..." the case is closed.

Again you can draw anything on chart. You just have to do it. I'm not interested in ancient P&F so I don't need to do it.

fxtr, it wasn't just about squaring a chart. We're obviously trying to plot P&F, so yes my statement was inaccurate. If I elaborate, we're effectively saying that if you get amibroker, you get sh1t p&f charts, but if you want to program something yourself, using an addon for amibroker, you can have p&F on a squared chart...
fair enough?
that way now anybody reading will understand that we are talking about p&f and amibrokers solutions which is effectively, you have to do it yourself..
thats a fair statement you agree?
i apologise for my earlier remark

hetting very interested now..if amibroker can plot p/f properly on a squared grid with a live feed and update without crashing .that would be the ultimate solution,especially as you can use multiple feeds

Guys, again to get P&F charted you don't need an addon but just need to use AFL (AmiBroker Formula Language). Each chart window is an applied AFL and you have full control over the whole chart area and every pixel, also each analysis window is an applied AFL.

Besides AFL in AB you can program using any other language you like i.e. C/C++,C#,VBA,Delphi,jscript,vbscript. For C/C++ there is a free SDK on AB website. As for .Net there is a third party SDK available. VBA you can use in COM plugins. In short AmiBroker is open architecture and as such functionality wise it can be extended by its (advanced) users.

As for built in P&F charts ... if you are not familiar with programming at all then just make a suggestion to Tomasz Janeczko of AmiBroker. He is the developer and head of AB. Show your interest by saying "...potential buyer but only if P&F would be implemented the way seen elsewhere i.e BullsEyBroker". There is a feed back center in the members area also and I have seen some entries asking for it. So just call their support via mail address if you are new and interested in a readily built in solution for AB exactly as seen in BullsEyeBroker. You could also ask AmiBroker programming service whether they would make an AFL using Gfx functions just for you. Or get a freelancer.

Or use a different software or stay with your software you are currently using for P&F.
All I was trying to say was that you have always been able to draw P&F the same way in AB but it requires programming knowledge.

Last edited: