Best Thread learning to read price action with p/f charts

f2calv

Experienced member
1,317 278
that looks interesting, i would be interested in trialing. using the data you mention, how much history can you get? note the screen shot mentions august last year but obviously i dont know when the screen shot was taken. if you can get 6 to 12 months that would be very useful. I dont use PnF same as these guys, i am only really interested in the PnF count for identifying possible targets.
Following on from my last blog, if this works for me i would probably still use Updata for day to day but your program may allow me to take the cheaper £100 option then use your program for long term PnF counts.

Any timeframe is possible with the current data source, however my application doesn't do counts/targets - although I could be persuaded to enhance my code and add targets in ;)

Note: I never added targets in because I simply wasn't convinced in them, I've read the du Plessis books cover to cover and targets just looked a little too much like pipe-dreams. For every occurrence where the targets are met I can find just as many where they aren't...

Sending you a pm

PaulVic

7 1
Any timeframe is possible with the current data source, however my application doesn't do counts/targets - although I could be persuaded to enhance my code and add targets in ;)

Note: I never added targets in because I simply wasn't convinced in them, I've read the du Plessis books cover to cover and targets just looked a little too much like pipe-dreams. For every occurrence where the targets are met I can find just as many where they aren't...

Sending you a pm
thats fine, as long as the columns are there to be counted that works for me. will look at PM. ta paul

Reactions: f2calv

Dentalfloss

Legendary member
61,557 3,666
you dont need to bother with counts
David Linton /Updata does them for you...free

www.chartstoday.com

Last edited:

Smallholder

1 0
just PMd you the link to register..
finally I can enjoy P&F again!

Hi malaguti,

Do you still have the link to register? My copy of BEB4 has expired and I can't find anywhere to register.

Thanks

Dentalfloss

Legendary member
61,557 3,666
Just wanted to update this thread.
I got very frustrated having to run to the Bulls eye to analyse a chart.I messed about with Line and bar charts to see if i could adapt the p/f method to that form of charting,meaning i could use any charting software

Dentalfloss

Legendary member
61,557 3,666
A line chart is equivalent to the close plot on p/f
The hilo plot...that can be adapted to bar charts
With that in mind,then we can move on

Dentalfloss

Legendary member
61,557 3,666
Start with a line chart/close plot...Much easier to read to define trends and s/r

Screenshot_17.png

Dentalfloss

Legendary member
61,557 3,666
Look at the last 2/3 trends and carve up the chart into bullish and bearish sections using 45 deg/pink or subjective trendlines/red

Screenshot_19.png

Dentalfloss

Legendary member
61,557 3,666
lines can be placed at the top/bottom of trends
bullish support line/Uptrend
bearish resistance line/Downtrend

Dentalfloss

Legendary member
61,557 3,666
Next place any internal trendlines.These can be either 45deg or subjective
They must come from a reaction point in the trend.ie a pulback in an uptrend or a recoil in a downtrend

Screenshot_22.png

Yellow is an internal/ 45 deg

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

But it's thanks to our sponsors that access to Trade2Win remains free for all. By viewing our ads you help us pay our bills, so please support the site and disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock