Learning to Love the Pips

Ph1lly

Hi Everyone,

I am new to Forex Trading and will be posting my trades and all the emotions, frustrations, sucesses, failures etc associated with these over the next few months.

Cheers

Phil

Hi Everyone,

My 1st week in Swing Trading Forex was exciting to say the least.
Watching the price of Cable swing from a good profit to a not so good profit and then a losing position, to end up exactly where the analysis predicted with a VERY good profit brought about a rollercoaster of emotions that I managed to keep in check.

Anyone more used to scalping could be tempted to exit the trades when they see 40 – 50 pips profit on their platform and lose out on some big profits, Its only my 1st week but I have already learnt why it is called Swing Trading and up over 650 pips.

Week number 2 started and being cautious.

Cheers

Phil

the reason alot people stop at 40-50 pips and that the trade can very well turn back on them; happened me twice this week went from 300$ profit 2 times to breakeven as the trade turned against me after abit.Now I set up stop loss while still in profit so I dont end up not making a $ on a great trade. I adjust the stop loss as the profit get higher

Hi Yoshie,

Thanks for your response.

On the two trades that retraced back from $300 profit to breakeven, after you closed the trade have you looked to see if you had stayed in this trade if it would have gone back to $300 pofit or even further?

Cheers

Phil

the trade had a 20-30%(300-400$) profit on the margin used for awhile, the thing is I let it dip to 0% as I had put my S/L at break even point it happened on 2 trade at basicall the same time; the trade didnt go higher than 30-32% profit but I didnt close and ended up with nothing.

Hi

Decided not to place any trades today am waiting till Monday before trading a number of pairs.

Cheers

Phil

Hi Everyone,

Currently Long on Eur/GBP @ 0.8470

Short on USD/CAD @ 1.1571

Cheers

Phil

Hi Everyone,

Closed out EUR/GBP for + 7 pips

Closed out USD CAD for + 15 pips

Not big trades but not losses either.

Cheers

Phil

Hi Phil,
Congratulation on your journey and best of luck on all your trading...
Swing trades is the way forward my friend

Take the Fear out of forex..

Good Luck
Happy Trading
Rav

Hi Everyone,

Closed out EUR/GBP for + 7 pips

Closed out USD CAD for + 15 pips

Not big trades but not losses either.

Cheers

Phil

Well done. Keep plugging away and always respect your stops.;)

Hi

Currently in a Short on GBP/JPY which doesnt seem to know where its going, is there such a thing as FX Sat Nav to help it on its way, must have been 3 or 4 false break outs this afternoon, will stick with and it'll either give me good profits or a slap on the face.

Cheers

Phil

Hi

GBP/JPY going well currently +80 pips

I did say I was Learning to Love the pips, not loving them so much today stayed up till 2 am waiting for price to reach a high on GBP/USD before entering a Short, missed my entry by a couple of pips went to bed to get up and see it went were anticipated by 150 pips its difficult to not keep thinking I should have had that.

Cheers

Phil

Hi

Closed out GBP/JPY for +185 pips

Closed out GBP/USD for +85 pips.

Cheers

Phil

Hi

Currently Short on Cable closed out half my position for + 80 pips.
Cheers

Phil

Hi Phil,
Really looking forward to learning Rav's methods as im new to this swing trading.Due to work commitments im unable to sit at my computer during the day so swing trading enables me to trade and work.
shorted cable today closed 60% +102 held the remaining 40% for another 44pips so another great trade of 146pips bringing my total for the last fortnight to well over the 500 pip mark.:clap:
heres to many more winners!
Andy s :party:

Last edited:
Hi Twohats,

I'm also excited at learning Rav's methods and strategies, I'm much more comfortable Swing Trading rather than Scalping.

Its great to hear you are doing well.

Cheers

Phil