Learning from mistakes (or trades I would rather forget)

barjon

Legendary member
10,705 1,809
Whilst busy doing other things I like to keep an eye open for opportunities in RBS.

I got interested at (1)when RBS failed to break through fib50 for the second time and with a nice bearish engulfing candlestick. Six days later I noticed that it had broken below the engulfing candlestick low so I went short @ 1604. Only then did I realise that the natural stop was miles away at the top of the engulfing candle @ 1668 - still target was around 1540, but even then risk:reward was only 1:1.

:eek: oh dear stopped out for - 69 :cry:

Exceeding miffed was I, but at (2) I saw the long candlestick as bullish and (again in between other things) went long @ 1710, the natural stop at the mid-point of the long candle around 1690. The target, oh *$%**$*%* a look at a longer term chart showed I had just gone long up against resistance provided by a long bearish candlestick. A greater risk than reward :eek: . Never mind stopped out again for - 24.

And I'd been doing ok with RBS up til then!!

The moral of this story - if you're going to do it plan it properly and don't let the previous trade influence the next one.

Attachments

• rbs.gif
    rbs.gif
    13.7 KB · Views: 415

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

But it's thanks to our sponsors that access to Trade2Win remains free for all. By viewing our ads you help us pay our bills, so please support the site and disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock