Leading Indicators

Faris

Hi Everyone.

Was running a few searches through google and came across this website:
http://www.fin-ware.com/

They offer "digital indicators" which apparently do not lag.
Out of curiosity does anyone know of this site or had any experiences with their indicators.

Faris.. :)

Crystal Ball anyone?

There is no such thing as a leading indicator as if there was it would have to work 100% of the time by definition.

JonnyT

For Sale:

Crystal ball 4" dia. Genuine lead crystal, only used by little old lady on Sundays after church. Excellent condition, first to try will buy.

£300,000

Blessed by the Pope.

MT

JonnyT said:
Crystal Ball anyone?

There is no such thing as a leading indicator as if there was it would have to work 100% of the time by definition.

JonnyT

" CLAP CLAP "

Well done Johnny T.
Thats why we have Legendary Traders on these boards, to point out the obvious!

Keep up the good work mate.

Happy Trading
Faris.. :D

Faris, this is the second 'too good to be true' trading assist I've come across today.

If you found something that worked, and provided you with large streams of regular income, limited only by your rapidly compounding trading capital - would you then set about codifying it and systemising it and packaging it, advertising and marketing it - or would you, well, just trade it?

Perhaps for many vendors there's more money in selling trading related products & systems than there is in trading them?

The grail

TheBramble said:
Faris, this is the second 'too good to be true' trading assist I've come across today.

If you found something that worked, and provided you with large streams of regular income, limited only by your rapidly compounding trading capital - would you then set about codifying it and systemising it and packaging it, advertising and marketing it - or would you, well, just trade it?

Perhaps for many vendors there's more money in selling trading related products & systems than there is in trading them?

Now you've let the cat out of the bag. Loadsadosh to be made by selling get rich dreams to the stupid or unwary. ;)

Hello Bramble.

I completely agree with what your saying.
I was just curious to know whether anyone had actually signed up.
Iv actually found a few of these websites today offering so called "Leading Indicators" which im sure are total BS.
I guess im just a very inquisitive person.
Also might add im very cheerful as well!!!

Happy Trading
Faris :D :cheesy:

neil said:
Now you've let the cat out of the bag. Loadsadosh to be made by selling get rich dreams to the stupid or unwary. ;)
I know. I bought most of them... :eek:

My **** is often a leading indicator of an impending loss.

In the same vein as the Darwin Awards, www.darwinawards.com ,

I think we should have an awards ceremony for the Person, Method or Indicator that can empty your trading account in the shortest possible time.

I propose to call these the "Market Wazzocks Award".

Any nomniees ?

( should Darren Winters get a lifetime achievement award ? )

I'll nominate myself.
Send me your money and I'll send you half back! :devilish:
Think how much you've saved :cheesy:

There are leading indicators.
They are not guarantors of moves, but harbingers of probable moves. They are not infallible, but like all tools, they have their uses at different times to do different jobs in different conditions. They are not based on past moves but on current pressures. Reading the current situation and sentiment and understanding the probable significance is what probability is all about.
They indicate, not guarantee.

Hi Mr Charts,

I was wondering whether you had anything particular in mind, such as SOXX; or whether you were thinking more generally in terms of the range of market breadth indicators that some people use as a barometer of market sentiment, either for the market as a whole or for sectors within the market?

If you’re looking at breadth alone to measure market trends, then I was wondering whether you use these tools to look beyond at the market action of the market or sectors as a whole, and whether you also use these to gauge the market sentiment in terms of your own watchlists?

But, maybe you had something else in mind entirely, or perhaps, as well?

Cheers

Mayfly

Mayfly,
This is a substantial subject and I prefer to discuss it off line.
Richard

Mayfly said:
Hi Mr Charts,

I was wondering whether you had anything particular in mind, such as SOXX; or whether you were thinking more generally in terms of the range of market breadth indicators that some people use as a barometer of market sentiment, either for the market as a whole or for sectors within the market?

If you’re looking at breadth alone to measure market trends, then I was wondering whether you use these tools to look beyond at the market action of the market or sectors as a whole, and whether you also use these to gauge the market sentiment in terms of your own watchlists?

But, maybe you had something else in mind entirely, or perhaps, as well?

Cheers

Mayfly