Lay betting

m25414

I am new to Betting Exchanges. I only have known you could lay bets for about six weeks. In that time I have tried to lay bets on betfair and then tried to have back bets also. Only to get the message, "your back bet must be greater than your lay bet", or "you must bet the minimum amout" with the minimum amount being so expensive I cannot bet.

I wonder if there is anyone who knows if it is possible to back and lay the same selection in Betfair. I have tried to but I have not done it yet Because Betfair will not let me.

Also I have come across Betfair to have higher lay prices than Back prices. That is the back price is always less than the lay price. I thought the markets were supposed to move. But I have not yet seen on Betfair a back price higher than a lay price.

I have also tried to back selections at £2 back bet then a £2 Lay bet on the same selection. But Betfair will not let me! What am I doing wrong? I just want to back and lay the same selection to win but so far I have not been able to even put the whole bet on Betfair.