Larry Levin Secrets of Traders

Status
Not open for further replies.
Larry's course is a methodical step by step approach on how to trade the futures market. The course material is clear and concise, and the Virtual Trading Room is the best way to acquire the experience necessary to be successful. The support staff has been excellent.

I subcsribed to Larry's lifetime program last November, after having been with them for about three years. Was very new to the trading world when I found them. Its been the best thing that could have happened for my trading. The educational process has continually improved while I have been associated with Trading Advantage. I had the pleasure of meeting Larry and several of his staff and associates a few months back. I came away from that meeting impressed by how dedicated they all are at ensuring my success as a futures trader. Thanks Larry

After many years of losing money in the markets and taking many courses that promised to teach me how to trade I have to say I am very lucky to have found Larry Levin and his TA trader course. I took an FX course and watched the trader live while he revenge traded. I have taken a very expensive options course that taught me how all the options trades work but not how to trade. I have even "invested" in private mentoring that did nothing to help me understand the market.
Larry Levin's TA trader course delivers beyond expectations and gets better every week. The material is solid and easy to understand. His TA trader Platform is the quickest and easiest I have ever found. The live mentoring clarifies what is going on and what to look out for - Sure they call trades but even better than that they teach you how to do it on your own. The live classes are clear and concise. The Market Profile course has opened my eyes as to what the days and/or weeks action is really up to and what to possibly expect next. The Teachers are fantastic and environment is refreshingly positive.
Last week my trades were 74% winners, the week before 72%. Not bad for someone who couldn't string together a set of winners for over 6 years! But I believe that the best thing is that I have almost extracted all the bad habits out of my trading that I learned. So this course works to say the least.
I personally recommend Larry Levin's Trader's Advantage course and am no looking forward to my new found future of trading for a living.

I have been a member of traders advantage for about 6 months. My experience with them has been outstanding. For starters they have excellent customer service and have always been prompt with any questions or difficulties I might have, which have been very few. The materials provided are some of the best I’ve seen. Through, clear, and concise in regard to what their approach and style of trading is and how to use it become a great trader. The nightly classes are a blend of videos, interactive chat, and live teaching by Patrick, both of TA’s technique and the day’s trade review. That brings me to the main instructors and live traders, Dan and Patrick. Both are unquestionable professionals. They each take the time throughout the day to call trades, explain entries and exits, as well as market conditions. Somehow they manage to answer everyone’s questions and still call out trades! Patrick is a master at Market Profile while Dan can weave you through the in’s and out’s of reading the tape so you can understand what the market is telling you. Everyone, Dan, Patrick, and especially Larry have the goal of making us all great traders and have shown this in their dedication to all of their students. It may not be for everyone but it is an excellent program that deserves a serious look if you want to succeed with futures trading.

Who is this Larry Levin, and how many usernames does he have? Is he a scammer or just a spammer?

At this rate of adding new users (aka Larry Levinites) T2W's membership should double within the month :LOL:

I think it's the old viral marketing at work. Another London Global or Mike Baghdady in the making.

Wanted to see if anyone was using or has used Larry Levin (former floor trader at the CME). I bought his book How I made $1,900,386.82 a while back and it is decent. Prolly need to reread it to get a better feel for it all. I ignore most of the email solicitations I get from his site as there is just to much to read and everything can't be "that" important.

So yesterday I get a call which I happened to be home so I answered, and it was someone from his sales crew selling mentorships. It's 4 weeks 1 hour daily web cast, archived if you miss it (M-Th) and Friday you are in the trading room where they feed you trades. $1500 for a stack of reading material and the web stuff.

1) I don't like the idea of being fed trades as I want to be able to see them for myself and act upon it.

2) I really don't want another thing to read that will teach me to be a great trader.

3) Has anyone else done this course? I don't mind paying for services but I prefer ones with warranty's or $$ back if... and I'd prefer not to get a refresher education for $1500 when I could drop that $1500 on a cruise instead...

thoughts?

Hello I am a student of Larry's and his Trading Advantage crew. I have been there for about 5 months and am enjoying the classes tremendously. I was especially impressed by the level of instruction and the dedication of their instructors. Due to popularity the course has grown in leaps and bounds with new students added monthly. We are taught all the basics that are required and the course is on going for anyone wanting to repeat the course. All students are given free reign to enter any of the trading or classrooms (classes being in session) at will.

At first it seemed overwhelming with the amount of stuff I got, a duffel bag full of books...these are to be used in conjunction with the class. But they have overcome that by streaming beginners into the beginner's level sessions and they have come out with a new book, all in one volume to help us remember all the trades.

They use two systems: scalping and swing. Beginners learn the swing method employing Market Profile techniques and their priority charts (copyrighted) with parameters that are just right to get best results. There is nothing like it. Moderators are in the rooms instruction us how to trade, when to trade and when to NOT enter into a "losing" trade.

What I enjoy best about Trading Advantage is the chat room. I have made many friends there and if I don't understand anything type in the question and it will be answered promptly by either other students or the instructor or their moderator assistants.

We are given strict guidelines as to our graduating from trading off of simulators and into real trade with real dollars. Our trades follow previously tested and tried methods, so you really cannot go wrong!

By the way trades are called in an indirect way....all support and resistance levels are announced and we are taught to make our own trades....We are reminded about trading rules with the intent of saving our money ...it may be a liability issue but anyways personally I am learning to recognize good trades from the poor ones and learning to be self-sufficient at it.

Join it, you won't regret it. Or at least give them a try. I think there's a deal on right now (March 15, 2011) for joining. See their website www.TradingAdvantage.com And, by the way I am not related to Larry Levin or anyone on staff there, nor do I own shares or work for Trading Advantage nor was I paid to endorse. Let it be on the record that I love every minute of it! Instruction is from Mon-Thurs much more than you'd get in a regular course that offers only once a week lectures! All classes are recorded and archived so missed classes can be accessed at any time. This is MUCH more than I expected. They present a very professional front and they are accountable, which is more than I can say for other places of learning. I used to teach watercolour painting at a local university and classes there were not archived, nor was I as an instructor expected to "support" students to the level that is exercised at Trading Advantage. When I joined them I didn't realize I was joining the TA family. A welcome plus, these days!

Try it for a day, you won't regret it! Hope to see you there. By the way my screen name there is Carol C. One day I will be permitted to use my real money! It's coming soon! See ya!

TradingAdvantage.com from Larry Levin (often interviewed on finanicial news networks, CNBC and CNN) provides very valuable education for anyone, including current ES mini traders, whom wishes to improve their trading performance.

Trading stocks and options, including gap theories, for many decades seemed like a good start for going into ES mini's. Wrong! This is a different animal with different rules. DO NOT TRY IT ON YOUR OWN.

Levin's course begins by stressing learn first, profit long term. # 1 rule of trading is conserve your principle.

They provide a month of classes to gain the necessary knowledge of the concepts and the successful trading rules. You can try to accelerate that by watching the archived classes that are available for viewing on your schedule. BUT you will miss the opportunity to really interact with the teacher and other students. Once the month is completed, you are encouraged to continue attending the classes for as long as you like to enhance your understanding.

Daily there are two trading rooms with live trades being called out for copying or improving on, if you are ready. Learn by following at first. But they stress they are a teaching organization and that you must eventually pick your own trades. The class room needs to be conservative due to the wide variety of expertise of the trading community in the rooms.

The chat rooms are very friendly with everyone trying to improve each others success.

BTW, I am not an employee of this company - I paid for the training and

I AM VERY HAPPY I ENROLLED IN THIS CLASS! Good trading!

Last edited:
Well, I just went thru the same experience and that is how I ended up finding this site. My experience was a "pressure sale" in that it feel worst than a car salesperson selling his last car to meet the quota. I have been in sales for many years, and for me the worst sell is the pressure one. The guy, who at one point was nice, then started calling me "quitter, not a decision maker, not fit to take this training" since he wanted me to make a $2,495 USD expense decision in 10 minutes. The guy then asked me to sell him on my reason of why not now, I did, then he really got pushy and started calling me names...to prove him wrong, he was not believing any of my reasons, to which I send him all the websites of my businesses....after they realized money was not a problem for me, they have been calling me everyday!!! The point is, if they are so good, why do you sell your product like an MLM selling strategy or infomercial!!! For me, this was the end of the story.

It is a darn pity that the salesman came on a bit heavy and strong. It does not, however, discount the fact that those of us who are there are learning heaps and enjoying it at the same time. Don't be so prejudiced against it unless you actually take this challenge. Try it for a day and see for yourself. That would be the best endorsement a person could get. This is my personal opinion.

Who is this Larry Levin, and how many usernames does he have? Is he a scammer or just a spammer?

The staff at Larry Levin's Trading Advantage was made aware of some negative postings on T2W. We felt that the opinions posted were not true representations of Trading Advantage and the way that we conduct business. In an attempt to get the truth out, we e-mailed the link to our students to post their true opinions of our program.

None of these postings are spam, simply true accounts of our current students. I'm sure if you request further contact and or opinions from any of theses traders you will find that they are indeed real people from all across the country. Is it really so hard to believe that we run a legitimate business that strives to make it's customers happy and provide a beneficial service?

I challenge anyone before posting something negative about our company to get in contact with me and preview our program.

Mickey
[email protected]

If you watch those business networks you would recognize Larry. He's on Bloomberg regularly. Check out the www.Trading Advantage.com website and view some of the videos of Larry being interviewed on TV!

By the way, no, Larry is not a spammer his integrity would not allow him to do such an underhanded thing! He merely asked his students to visit this site to let everyone here know how we feel. Period. I must say, Larry has a faithful following. You don't get that by being sleezy...ok ok perhaps he has a few high pressure sales people but the course IS good. The methodology taught is good.

I have been using Larry Levin Secrets of Traders for about 7 weeks now I find that the course is very educational Patrick Assalone has done a terrific job as a teacher and a mentor The archived classes have been extremely helpful as well as the books you gave If anyone wanted to know about how to trade successfully I would mention this course

No offence Micky but I've never seen a worse attempt at spamming. Amateur effort to say the least, I'd never heard of Larry before but I have now, somehow I think this is going to backfire on you. I've just noticed a lot of complaints about Larry on the Internet. If you'd just shut up about it this would have gone unnoticed, now you have drawn a lot of attention to yourselves and it may not work out to your advantage.

The staff at Larry Levin's Trading Advantage was made aware of some negative postings on T2W. We felt that the opinions posted were not true representations of Trading Advantage and the way that we conduct business. In an attempt to get the truth out, we e-mailed the link to our students to post their true opinions of our program.

None of these postings are spam, simply true accounts of our current students. I'm sure if you request further contact and or opinions from any of theses traders you will find that they are indeed real people from all across the country. Is it really so hard to believe that we run a legitimate business that strives to make it's customers happy and provide a beneficial service?

I challenge anyone before posting something negative about our company to get in contact with me and preview our program.

Mickey
[email protected]

I have been with Larry Levin Secrets of Traders for about 3 months, and I must say that it is a truly positive experience from the beginning, when the salesman answer all my questions and overcame all my objections by demonstrating in a live session why this program is full proof.

The fact that you can follow the trading session live every day is a testimony to the trading techniques and a validation of the program.

For a beginner, the first weeks were like learning a new language, being out of my element, without references. it was so different than what I knew about trading! Of course, this stage is only temporary. You get everything you need to understand the trading techniques. The books, the videos, the reviews of the day trading session and the dedication of the instructors/moderators are all necessary to learn the complexity and subtlety of the trades. All questions are fully answered and they make sure that you understand. Emphasis on discipline and following the rules of the trading techniques shows their commitment to the success of the students.

I'm new at this, but I can say that they know their stuff.

Gilles Berthiaume

I have also been a student in the Trading Advantage program, for the last 9 months or so. I've found the leadership (Larry) to be very professional and attentive to the student's requests, and the trainer (Patrick) to be one of the best online educators I've had a chance to listen to. The material is based on Market Profile and I challenge anyone to find a more experienced trader in MP than Patrick and Dan. Excellent program. I forgot to mention the customer service ... whenever I had a need to contact the CS folks at Trading Advantage I always reached the resource I needed and came away with the answers to my questions. Overall, I have only high words of praise for the Trading Advantage program and the folks that run it. (y)

Ive been with trading advantage since september 2010 after trying other programs this is by far the best mentoring i have ever had in trading futures.There are a lot of programs out there that dont go close to trading advantage, Patrick Assalone is a great mentor and i havnt had any problems with sales staff. The program is expensive but you have to pay for quality, i am happy i joined up and i believe the people at trading advantage do care about their customers results.

I too am a student of Larry's since September of 2010. I can see the benefits of Larry's training especially the trade management. I have been trading futures for about 3 years prior to singing up for their program (albeit very spottily). As I am unlearning some very bad habits, I am beginning to see the very real value in Larry's method and training, especially "reading the tape" and market profile.

I am not there yet...but I am gaining on it.

So far, it has been a very good learning experience.

Bought the course in June 2010,started the classes in August,great customer service,the best trading education I've got so far,many ring binders and videos to learn the trading techniques from but the real treasure is the Virtual Trading Room where you can follow the proficient floor trader Dan O'Brien performing scalping trades live real time,elaborating on the scalping methods that he uses in great depth,and the Market Profile Room where the talented swing trader Patrick Assalone explains in detail the market structure and the swing trades that he derives from the Market Profile chart.My trading is getting better every day,the course is worth every dollar i paid for it.

Wanted to see if anyone was using or has used Larry Levin (former floor trader at the CME). I bought his book How I made $1,900,386.82 a while back and it is decent. Prolly need to reread it to get a better feel for it all. I ignore most of the email solicitations I get from his site as there is just to much to read and everything can't be "that" important.

So yesterday I get a call which I happened to be home so I answered, and it was someone from his sales crew selling mentorships. It's 4 weeks 1 hour daily web cast, archived if you miss it (M-Th) and Friday you are in the trading room where they feed you trades. $1500 for a stack of reading material and the web stuff.

1) I don't like the idea of being fed trades as I want to be able to see them for myself and act upon it.

2) I really don't want another thing to read that will teach me to be a great trader.

3) Has anyone else done this course? I don't mind paying for services but I prefer ones with warranty's or $$ back if... and I'd prefer not to get a refresher education for $1500 when I could drop that $1500 on a cruise instead...

thoughts?

Well I am a current student of his, and have taken other courses and forex mentorships. His by far is heads a tails above the rest. I am forex no more because of what I have learned in his rooms. Yes I said rooms! He now has two styles, scalping and swing trading and they are amazing. You are not fed trades...you are taught how to identify and take them yourself so that you don't have to be a part of the rooms full time if your goal is to trade alone. They do tell you what trades they are taking and why...but you must learn to trade it yourself! They insist on it! The real beauty of this is that you can take this style and apply it to other contracts..not just the e-mini S&P. He has brought on one of the best market profile traders around that has floor trading experience in the oil pit. He is tough as hell but truly desires you to learn and walk on your own two feet. Best money I have spent! If you don't want a hard sell ask for Joe Matheny. Great rep.
Ken

Status
Not open for further replies.