Knowledge to action, Secker against the grain

Hi Guys and thanks for the warm welcome :)

I know there are many options out there but some of us are time poor and would prefer to be spoon fed in the beginning.
Look, I'm not expecting miracles and particularly now with so much market volatility but I will give it a go.

To those who tried some things in life and failed I'd say that the majority were not committed enough. We need to be putting the effort in, we need to have the right tools, we need to be associating with like minded people (hence my presence here)

In forex, it is common knowledge that winning is hard but for a newbie it will be mainly because many brokers work against you so lesson number 1 for newbies would be to choose the right broker (who's not trading against them).
Lesson No2 would be to learn about risk management and discipline and right or wrong this is what I'm trying to do.
I don't know the K2A people but 1 thing they said in the DVD made a lot of sense to me . The aim is not to make a lot of money, the aim is to minimise loss. Money will be made even if 50% of our trades are winning.

Last edited:
interesting thread.
I've signed up and will be attending the course this weekend.
I've read through the posts, I've looked at the material and I'm convinced that this is the right thing to do (for me).
I know 3K is a lot of money but I'm interested to learn to trade.
I tried webminars run by a few brokers and they have been useful but they lack detail and they don't teach you risk management and discipline
I wish you the most amazing amount of luck, you will need it. I have to say I think this is a sockpuppet wind up. :LOL::LOL:

Bill, as others have said you've just wasted about £2,500, the information you'll be getting in worth no more than £500.

However, be careful, because Secker is no trader, he's a marketer who happens to sell a product which is trading. That means you're about to enter marketing hell (for you, heaven for Seckers P&L). Therefore the messages you'll be getting is 'your course is not enough - if you want to hit the big time you need to get your credit card out again and get the 'Super Traders Invitational Seminar'. Buy that, and it again won't be enough, because you'll need the 'FX Pro Big Time Bootcamp; and on and on it will go until you've blown £10,000. Then you'll realise you've been played by a marketer.

Good luck anyway.

PS. By the way, if you were clever and realised who you were doing business with you should have asked for a discount of £1,000, believe me they would have given it to you......

I know there are many options out there but some of us are time poor and would prefer to be spoon fed in the beginning.
Look, I'm not expecting miracles and particularly now with so much market volatility but I will give it a go.

To those who tried some things in life and failed I'd say that the majority were not committed enough. We need to be putting the effort in, we need to have the right tools, we need to be associating with like minded people (hence my presence here)

In forex, it is common knowledge that winning is hard but for a newbie it will be mainly because many brokers work against you so lesson number 1 for newbies would be to choose the right broker (who's not trading against them).
Lesson No2 would be to learn about risk management and discipline and right or wrong this is what I'm trying to do.
I don't know the K2A people but 1 thing they said in the DVD made a lot of sense to me . The aim is not to make a lot of money, the aim is to minimise loss. Money will be made even if 50% of our trades are winning.
The markets will not spoon feed you, the markets will rip the spoon out of yer hands, the food out of yer mouth then shove it up yer hole.
You will not meet useful like minded people on a Greg sucker course, many of them struggle to speak english, are half brain dead, and like you they have been sold a DREAM lifestyle. Not a trading knowledge platform.
Your broker is your BITCH, not my words, the BBC. If thre's one at seckers hotel or croydon industrial unit then he is working for them. Secker is univeraslly known as an appendage hoover so what does that say about his brokerage connections.
Money made if 50% of trades are winning? A 10 year old could work that one out. I taught someone how to make money if less than 50% trades work out. It took me 2 mins and cost him the price of a free coffee at an expo stand.
Sorry to be blunt bill (well not that sorry) but my friend you have been forked over.
:LOL::LOL::LOL::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool:(n)(n):whistle:whistling:whistle:whistling

Last edited:

you speaking a load of tosh

Bill

A couple of points. If you are time poor then forget about trading right now, most people here have spent years learning and many of them still are not profitable. If you think you can short cut all that and get the same knowledge in a weekend you're in for a disappointment.

Of course when you cant make money after you're first course they will tell you that you need to do the advanced course, when you're not successful after that you'll be told you need to do a personal mentorship. By this point you'll have wasted so much money that you'll think to yourself just one more course and I can make back all the money I paid for the other courses, but you wont. Someone said the other day that they'd been taken for £20,000 like this and still they couldn't make money. By the way you talk about minimising losses, you have started with a loss of £3000.

You say 'we need to be associating with like minded people (hence my presence here)'. Well everyone here is telling you not to do this.

By the way most of these posts will get deleted soon due to legal threats, what does that say to you about the people you gave your money to?

Bill, watch it re the broker(s) Secker will try to push you towards. They'll all be bucket shops who will give him a kickback on clients he puts their way. You won't realise this, the kickback will be added to your costs but it will be hidden.

Here's some free informtion for you - use Interactive Brokers.

PS. And thanks for your original post, it's bought wry smiles to many of us here :)

I seem to recal one of his previous brokers went bust. I can't recal the name right now.

Thanks guys, all points taken onboard.
I'm from Australia btw and I intend to hang around here for a while so we'll talk again soon.

Edit: if any of you nice gentlemen wish to help me out with some free training material please send me a PM.

Last edited:
there is plenty of free material out there but unfortunately because you are not commercial you have to work out for yourself whats worthwhile in an ocean of crap. if i can give you any advice it would be to learn support, price action around support (not candle formations). personally i think indictors are the devils work and advise to stay away but you decide for yourself. learn the markets. find your weak points and do your homework. maybe you will survive long enough to have a chance of success. its about endurance and having the mental strength to survive the first 5 or more years..

I have to agree with Bint. This is most likely a sock puppet or wind-up situation.

El Bandito mate,

I'm afraid you and mr Bint are both wrong.

Also, why does almost every1 here automatically assume that people who attend paid courses are idiots and they would have been better off getting that freely available information themselves when in fact it is impossible to sort out the good stuff from the cr#p?

Yet the same people who are criticising me aren't willing to offer any constructive advice?

I am correct end of. If I am not then I suggest you get your money back from secker NOW. The firm is staffed by CNUTS. They want YOUR MONEY. Nothing else. If you want some of the strategies PM me and I will give you them. There are some good educational facilities out there, but they are overwhelmingly outnumbered by the bad ones.
Learn the markets, learn how they interact.
Study the markets EVERY Forking day
90% of traders lose all in their first year. WHY?
I take nothing back from what I said about the Secker/Winters ilk. They will sign up huge classes, rent a room in a hotel or an industrial estate in croydon and sell their course to anybody who is willing to pay. No counselling, no q&a even if half of them cannot spk english. Do you want to be "educated" alongside people like that? This is a line cahrt, this is a bar chart, this is a candlestick chart, this is a bull flag patter, this is a harami, this is a hanging ***** Digi doji et al. All of it is bollox unless you understand the hows and whys behind it.
Learn HOW to TRADE, don't give your money to someone like Greg Sucker, he will not TEACH you anything other than very basic strategies which I have offered you. Like I sain in an earlier post I explained this to a punter earlier this year at a show in 2 mins for the price of a free cup of coffee.

I am correct end of. If I am not then I suggest you get your money back from secker NOW. The firm is staffed by CNUTS. They want YOUR MONEY. Nothing else. If you want some of the strategies PM me and I will give you them. There are some good educational facilities out there, but they are overwhelmingly outnumbered by the bad ones.
Learn the markets, learn how they interact.
Study the markets EVERY Forking day
90% of traders lose all in their first year. WHY?
I take nothing back from what I said about the Secker/Winters ilk. They will sign up huge classes, rent a room in a hotel or an industrial estate in croydon and sell their course to anybody who is willing to pay. No counselling, no q&a even if half of them cannot spk english. Do you want to be "educated" alongside people like that? This is a line cahrt, this is a bar chart, this is a candlestick chart, this is a bull flag patter, this is a harami, this is a hanging ***** Digi doji et al. All of it is bollox unless you understand the hows and whys behind it.
Learn HOW to TRADE, don't give your money to someone like Greg Sucker, he will not TEACH you anything other than very basic strategies which I have offered you. Like I sain in an earlier post I explained this to a punter earlier this year at a show in 2 mins for the price of a free cup of coffee.

100% forking agree dude. As for candlesticks use as trigger only without confluence and location u gunna get burnd.

El Bandito mate,

Also, why does almost every1 here automatically assume that people who attend paid courses are idiots and they would have been better off getting that freely available information themselves when in fact it is impossible to sort out the good stuff from the cr#p?

Yet the same people who are criticising me aren't willing to offer any constructive advice?

I don't think you're necessarily stupid for falling for it in the first place but continuing to argue about it in the face of all the evidence, well that's getting close. Bear in mind that many hundreds of posts about this company have been deleted, needless to say none of them were saying how great it was.

I think you are believing what you want to believe.

El Bandito mate,

Imo idiots is a tad harsh but if u think u can lean to trade on a 3k course you are heading for a shafting and I genuinely fear for your bank balance. What's more you will have to expend more time/effort unlearning these mistakes.

I don't think you're necessarily stupid for falling for it in the first place but continuing to argue about it in the face of all the evidence, well that's getting close. Bear in mind that many hundreds of posts about this company have been deleted, needless to say none of them were saying how great it was.

Ah yes believing what you want to believe is dangerous. We must be aware of confirmation bias and learn to conquer it. Master this a Jedi must.

pboyles;1747994[B said:
]I don't think you're necessarily stupid for falling for it in the first place [/B]but continuing to argue about it in the face of all the evidence, well that's getting close. Bear in mind that many hundreds of posts about this company have been deleted, needless to say none of them were saying how great it was.

I farkin do, I think hes a stopid hapless cront.:LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL::cool::cool::cool::sleep::sleep::whistle:whistling