Kids today ????

I dont know about you but i got taught nearly all that stuff at school, even had a trip to the london stock exchange.
Most kids just dont pay enough attention or just dont seem to be interested, but i dont think that a particular problem with 'todays' kids.

Whether you knew it or not but who did you have guiding you?

Did you do what you did because it was expected of you or just did because you found your self in a one way tunnel without thinking about it?

Did you have any issues and challenges?

Questions are not directed at you personally, but I'm just thinking about the rest who don't have 'good' parents or support in place to provide help with the issues and challenges of life.

I do think parents and extended family support have much to do with being a well rounded individual.

Men increasingly like to get their ends away without the personal responsibility that may arise out of their actions.

If my son ever ended up in such a predicament with a person he had no intention of setting up a family with - then he can kiss his inheritance goodbye. He'll find it has been given to his off-spring. Before he starts, he needs to know, feel and accept sincerely that the bucks stops with his actions. He can make his own choice knowing I'll do the same. Rules of engagement and protocol needs to be made clear if accidents are to be averted.

Young people don't know their boundaries of right and wrong anymore. No one has a patent on right or wrong - but some direction to head in is clear.

I also agree - if one can't afford kids - one should not have them. Cost is the least of ones troubles imo. Quality time, worry and grief is the bigger part coupled with excitement and being proud at how they'll turn out. I worry less knowing Mrs doing the bigger part or worrying.

Really need two full time parents imo. Single parents do great job too and I can't imagine how - as it is hard enough with two parents - so I also take my hat off to struggling single parent families.

straighten out the confused and misguided BEFORE they become drug addicts, terrorists or criminals imho and reward the good.

A lot of those people are going to have mental issues especially the extreme end of the scale like the mass killers. 25% of the prison population may well be psycopaths. For things like drug and alcohol and gambling addiction, some people seem to be more susceptible to addiction than others, may well be genetic. I doubt if education and upbringing is going to do help them much. Will just make them feel more guilty knowing what they are doing is wrong but still not be able to stop themselves.
At the other end there maybe some who will get brainwashed or fall in with the wrong crowd or just need a bit of discipline in their lives, they can be helped before they stray.

I have a lot of sympathy for the confusion that kids suffer in their formative years. Doing things, whether right or wrong, become a way of life and it comes in all sorts of ways. Drugs, personal hygiene, including their vocabulary.

Parents? I think that most would do better if their time was not spent trying to make ends meet, or if they could move out of an area. The leisurely home life style of my day are gone, I'm afraid.

Have you ever wondered why such fake characters as superman, batman, spiderman etc are so popular ?
As malaguti says perhaps we are all needing a role model for something better/superior. If there is no king or rebellious userper to follow in modern times then we have to make do with the fakes. Many look to a God or a prophet of some sort. Or an ideal like the pursuit of money and happiness. Can't say I have ever seen a miserable billionaire but I expect there are some in the shadows.

Sorry to see Rolf Harris has been interviewed by the cops for possible misdemeaners. Sort of grew up with him almost.

I think saying "kids today??" is just a sign of your old age.

I don't see any differences now to when I was a teenager - my parents were saying the same things. And my grand parents said the same about my parents. It's just the same cycle going on over and over again.

I don't see any differences now to when I was a teenager - my parents were saying the same things. And my grand parents said the same about my parents. It's just the same cycle going on over and over again.

I believe that you are right. Drugs are in the mix, now, though,

I remember when I was a kid, before the war, I went next door to play with the neighbour's kids. A policeman rang and he was after the eldest son, 7-8 years older, who had been seen seen on a footbridge across a railway line, throwing stones onto the trains passing underneath.The father was unstrapping his belt as the copper was talking. I went home. :(

I remember when I was a kid, before the war, I went next door to play with the neighbour's kids. A policeman rang and he was after the eldest son, 7-8 years older, who had been seen seen on a footbridge across a railway line, throwing stones onto the trains passing underneath.The father was unstrapping his belt as the copper was talking. I went home. :(

Don't stop half way through. What happened to the kid next door? Did he straighten himself out or go on to become Ronnie Biggs?:LOL:

What about marijuana in the 60's, LSD in the 70s, Cocaine in the 80s, Ecstacy in the 90's

It's no different.

Don't stop half way through. What happened to the kid next door? Did he straighten himself out or go on to become Ronnie Biggs?:LOL:

Sorry, mate, war broke out and I got evacuated to my uncle and aunt, near Lymington Hants. Folks got bombed out and moved away. When I returned home the kids said "Cor, don't 'e talk funny". :)

my 4 year-old neice was given a mini-tablet/pad recently.
the other nephews and neices fight over playing games on it.
my nephew likes to play IronMan on the Playstation.

Together in a room, yet caught up in their own solitary worlds.
However, I do take them to the park to ride their bikes, or play football.

Silly repeating the same mistakes over and over isn't it ?
Learn from one's mistakes or better still from other people's.
The Victorians had a lot going for them imho but were quite cruel to their own children - ignoring them largely. Big mistake.

A Spanish proverb says "The human is the only species that trips over the same stone twice"

If that is true then they don't have much faith in humans. Maybe, some of that has rubbed off on me but, although I am not perfect, I have done my best, as far as my kids are concerned.

A Spanish proverb says "The human is the only species that trips over the same stone twice"

If that is true then they don't have much faith in humans. Maybe, some of that has rubbed off on me but, although I am not perfect, I have done my best, as far as my kids are concerned.

Such a bvgger getting old. Just when you have got a handle on a lot of things the man with the scythe is at your elbow !!

:-0

Kids take drugs to fill a hole in their lives.

Can be love, rejection, excitement, boredom whatever.

A friend once told me there was nothing wrong with heroin or any form of tripping. It's coming out that was the issue. At the time I thought he was talking rubbish.

But didn't recently that multi-billionaire heiress die of an overdose.

Had they not been taking drugs most of their lives?

Not sure if they had children but they could afford the drugs and the rest and so whilst everyone knew nobody really did anything. It was a life style choice.

I don't see anything wrong with it really. I would give out for free from chemists.

Most of the problem with drugs are to do with secondary crime in trying to meet need.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Drug_liberalization

Our approach to most things are messed up.

ie. So easy to get married and so damn difficult to get divorced. Some body came out with a slot machine that dishes out a certificate for a Dollar or something.

Bit like buying a drive in burger. Drive in marriage.

As Maluguti said - you need a license to keep a dog but not one to have children. :eek:

In my line of work Drugs and Alcohol testing is mandatory at a fixed interval of 12 months. Additionally we can and are spot checked at any time. There's a very good reason for this, lives could be lost if anyone fks up. Anyone picked up NEVER works in the industry again.

Why is it that the wooly liberals are always excusing peoples self inflicted behaviour.

In my line of work Drugs and Alcohol testing is mandatory at a fixed interval of 12 months. Additionally we can and are spot checked at any time. There's a very good reason for this, lives could be lost if anyone fks up. Anyone picked up NEVER works in the industry again.

Jesus, I never thought ladies hairdressing was that strictly policed. Mind you, handling scissors and curling tongs can be pretty dangerous I suppose....

:p:whistling

Why is it that the wooly liberals are always excusing peoples self inflicted behaviour.

Don't know what your line of work is, cv, but to get into it, you, obviously had to be free before you started and you were, by then, a mature and well educated adult.

That is not the case with kids, who are capable of extremely stupid acts on the spur of the moment, even the clever ones. They , also, like to show off. With drugs so plentiful , the temptation is always present. I can understand why they get addicted and drugdealers should get the death penalty, IMO. It's as serious as that because, if it is not stopped, somehow, it can only get much worse.

Says the man from Delmonte who doesn't stop preaching the virtues of a free market :LOL:

Sharky must know something we don't. He needs to with your credentials. Nudge, nudge, ;) ;). You know what I'm saying. :cheesy: