Johnson’s Brexit timetable crashes in the UK Parliament

tomorton

Legendary member
8,438 1,366
Except that Tories winning does not lead us to leaving the EU, we will really be back at square one with a new campaign to leave the EU.

Our exit deal was always going to be a fudge as there is so much trade between the EU and the UK and because the majority of MP's favour membership. Its also inevitable that a Join campaign will follow any exit, so I don't see the continuation of a Leave campaign once we've had a Brexit (any Brexit) as a deciding issue question as to whether or not to leave now.

However, once this Brexit deal is done, I expect the popular uninformed support for further specific breaks from EU alignment to evaporate.

Signalcalc

Veteren member
4,670 1,030
Our exit deal was always going to be a fudge as there is so much trade between the EU and the UK and because the majority of MP's favour membership. Its also inevitable that a Join campaign will follow any exit, so I don't see the continuation of a Leave campaign once we've had a Brexit (any Brexit) as a deciding issue question as to whether or not to leave now.

However, once this Brexit deal is done, I expect the popular uninformed support for further specific breaks from EU alignment to evaporate.
If there will be 4-5 million people voting Brexit party, I think we could be assured that the leave campaign will not have been won over with Boris's/May's BRINO, I can't see anything but that campaign continuing.

But we are in the realms of speculation for an election that appears to be the most unpredictable, who knows the actual outcome.

timsk

Legendary member
7,612 2,383
. . . But we are in the realms of speculation for an election that appears to be the most unpredictable, who knows the actual outcome.
My fantasy - and I accept that's all it is - is that the Brexit Party win with an overall majority and Nigel Farage becomes PM. I wouldn't be able to stop laughing for weeks!
:ROFLMAO:

Reactions: tomorton

tomorton

Legendary member
8,438 1,366
Latest Yougov data (use with caution) shows Conservatives and Labour increasing their support, LibDems and Brexit Party losing theirs. As of 01/11 -
Conservatives up from 36% to 39
Labour up from 21 to 27
LibDems down from 18 to 16
Brexit Party down from 13 to 7

(previous data 30/10)

Data pre-date Nigel Farrage's announcement this am but hard to see that increasing his party's support base.

NVP

Legendary member
37,787 2,112
still think we will see a hung parliament again in december.......the country is spintering more and more .....

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

But it's thanks to our sponsors that access to Trade2Win remains free for all. By viewing our ads you help us pay our bills, so please support the site and disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock