John Thomas: Macro Millionaire

Hello everyone....This is my first post.
I would like to say that the Troyresearch post are very useful, and he seems to be gentle and honest....so it's very sad the way that some people reply him....
I think that his post, are a very good chance to proof in a serious forum the performance of a coaching program that...yes....it's very expensive (i don't have a subscription), but sometimes with his speechs and mails could make doubt someone of us about suscribe it....
Please Troysearch keep sharing the info...

Best Regards,
Shunsho.

PS: i'm not a fake user if you think....I'm just found this thread and I would like to share my opinion...

I would like to say that the Troyresearch post are very useful, and he seems to be gentle and honest....so it's very sad the way that some people reply him....
I think that his post, are a very good chance to proof in a serious forum the performance of a coaching program that...yes....it's very expensive (i don't have a subscription), but sometimes with his speechs and mails could make doubt someone of us about suscribe it....

Best Regards,
Shunsho.

PS: i'm not a fake user if you think....I'm just found this thread and I would like to share my opinion...

you're clearly a newbie and have a lot to learn about how people con people in this industry.

Shunsh, do yer own research and don't listen to the blaggards on here. Most of them are forken morons anyway.

Well....it's impossible that I could suscribe in the coaching program of JT, I don't have the money (and I don't trust him), and If I would have the money, I wouldn't need it....but I only talk about the extremely dequalification, humilliation and wishes of failure that some people have about others...

I'm current investigating to be a trader....and at least, I know that there are scams...but I also know that there are a lot of people that think that they know everything about trading...that's also an scam...

Right:
This Autumn, I will be hosting a series of seminars, based in central London. The aims of the seminars are to advise and express the real way to scam people in the trading, stock picking, education industry. Without prejudice rules will be followed of course so there will be no direct marketing action.
First 10 places secure , cost is 50 GBP per head. Sessions start at 12:00, there will be a complimentary glass of finest cheapo wine and some finger nibbles all included.
Venue has all facilities for this type of function and a great opportunity for networking. I will be in attendance as will my personal bodyguard.
PM me or [email protected]

Well....it's impossible that I could suscribe in the coaching program of JT, I don't have the money (and I don't trust him), and If I would have the money, I wouldn't need it....but I only talk about the extremely dequalification, humilliation and wishes of failure that some people have about others...

I'm current investigating to be a trader....and at least, I know that there are scams...but I also know that there are a lot of people that think that they know everything about trading...that's also an scam...

there are also a lot of people that stand up for a mentor or a service they have without realising they are being conned. Agreed not everyone knows everything but plenty of us have been around long enough to see many of the ploys. (y)

Sunsho, no disrespect (yet), but the difference between your post #1 and your post #2 is like watching Kevin Spacey walk at the end of Usual Suspects....

Right:
This Autumn, I will be hosting a series of seminars, based in central London. The aims of the seminars are to advise and express the real way to scam people in the trading, stock picking, education industry. Without prejudice rules will be followed of course so there will be no direct marketing action.
First 10 places secure , cost is 50 GBP per head. Sessions start at 12:00, there will be a complimentary glass of finest cheapo wine and some finger nibbles all included.
Venue has all facilities for this type of function and a great opportunity for networking. I will be in attendance as will my personal bodyguard.

I expect you'll spend most of the seminar promoting a book or maybe level 2 of your seminar that costs £500?

Best Regards,
Shunsho.

Sunsho, no disrespect (yet), but the difference between your post #1 and your post #2 is like watching Kevin Spacey walk at the end of Usual Suspects....

brilliant troll

I was talking first about Troyresearch, not about JT...I know that there is a lot of scam on the web....but it's totally different talk about the attitude of Troyresearch about share his experience with that service, that talking about to belive or not belive in JT and Macromillionarie Program. My theory is there are a lot of people that belives that he is the best trader in the world....and the finesse of the parentheses of your post demonstrates my theory ...

Right:

That's great....I live in South america so it's impossible to assist, but thank you for the information.

Don't waste your money. He makes some pretty good calls but they are all option spreads that I can't trade in my 401. The ETF positions of his that I traded were losers. There is no education, just him professing his views and trying to sell tickets to his lunches. My intention was to use his system for long term stuff while I was focusing on short term trading. I figured that there was something here to learn but the only thing I learned was that I was going to be dependent on a $2000 annual subscription.

Snake oil merchant or the real mc coy?

John Thomas is the man behind the Mad Hedge Fund and pops up (no pun intended, given what his name means in English slang :LOL:) with some interesting observations on the Economist's comments pages.

He's offering a distance coaching programme and suggestions of which positions to follow for USD 1,997 / yr or free for lifetime for the best answer on your investment goals here.

He's also hosting a 'Global Strategy Luncheon' in London on 4 April - $299 for a 45-minute powerpoint and the same again for Q&As.

Curious - anyone know anything about him? No mention of him in searches on either the FT or WSJ sites. He also seems quite Google-proof, apart from plugs for his coaching...

Don't waste your money. He makes some pretty good calls but they are all option spreads that I can't trade in my 401. The ETF positions of his that I traded were losers. There is no education, just him professing his views and trying to sell tickets to his lunches. My intention was to use his system for long term stuff while I was focusing on short term trading. I figured that there was something here to learn but the only thing I learned was that I was going to be dependent on a $2000 annual subscription.
Who wants to spend that amount on a lunch without private teenage lapdancers.:cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool:

I'd have to echo vkelly737. At first he seemed to have a couple of good calls. Then he kind of disappeared. He would say he would be going to some high roller trip to some countries. And then there would be no alerts for a month or so. And his calls got sloppier and it would usually be too late to exit or get the call or put at his suggested pricing. He did list some losers, but overall i would say it was actually break even, not +35%. I lost another 4k in addition to the 2k I a paid for it in the end. There were really some outlandish stories in his newsletters. You'd think he could have been another JFK, rambo, 007, and running for President with all his stories and accomplishments. He probably was an overachiever in his time and maybe he was a hedge fund manager, but it looked like he lost in the end and no firm would hire him again so he does this newsletter (there were hints in his newletters, he would have some telling comments periodically like "anyone looking to hire a Hedge Fund manager?" "I have won hundreds of millions, I have also lost hundreds of millions"; well words to that effect; I don't recall the exact words now but I remember those statements in general) , gets subscriptions and then goes on more expensive trips and parties with the elite around the world. Still he has very good views and insights. If there was a subscription for $20 for his commentary on the world only, I would just subscribe to that. Like vkelly said, there was no real instruction just examples and a list of ETF's to pick and choose what to trade with or against during a particular global macro type of news. Most hedge funds didn't do well in 2011, while JT has insight, his trades were still badly off timed. And he seemed to be AWOL a lot in the later half of the year.

Last edited: