Java and Trading

raghuvd

Hello everyone,

this is my first post into this forum.
I am a Java professional will 2 years of experience, residing in India. Since 1 year or so, I have been very enthusiastic about capital markets/Investment banking.

I am a computer graduate. I have my SCJP, SCWCD with high scores. In order to make sure I was able to undestand the financial markets working, and comprehend all sorts of financial news that appears in international newspapers/magazines, I have completed 3 modules of NSE Certification in Financial Markets (NCFM) with high scores(Cpital Market, Derivative and Fixed Income) and am studying for the Mutual fund mgmt modules as well. Have also been trading personally for last 2-3 months to get a feel.

Finally decided to switch over from IT domain to Finance, especially technical trading/Fixed Income trading.

Not yet started actively looking for jobs but would like to get any suggestion from you all, and any additional comments. Not sure how much sense it makes in finance, but I consider reading more and more books and newspapers as the best way to understand this domain.

Any advice is will be highly appreciated.

Thanks,
Raghu.