It is all a Fugazsy

So, once you set your battle field, you wait from prices to get to extremes, extremes are where prices are rejected and were I like to trade but not all extremes and that why you have set the battle field.

Being patient is a must in trading, if your decision is decided by impulsiveness, boredom or addiction to trading I can assure you you will lose, markets do not like weak people and you better go to do something else because you will never make it.

Prices will also turn at points where you do not expect to, markets does not have to do anything, markets just are.

You can also trade away from your levels or what ever make sense to you, I would not do it but only when you have gained trust in your way consistently and then you might push a bit further.

Having a battlefield or plan before opening is as building your own island in a sea of uncertainty, you will always find refuge there.

Trading more than one pair will give you a choose to take trades on a pair that has showed you enough legs, compared to other. I strongly believe if she is not showing her legs do not even try, she will cut it off.

Always trade in the direction of least resistance, yes you can take trades on the opposite side but you have to be very quick or at least where it has showed you some interest as with a previous push, here more experience it will be advice and with screen time you will slowly see when it is an opportunity.

Momentums (not indicators), comparing legs, depths and retracement with give you an idea where the direction of least resistance is.

Mostly use fail patterns to get in at that particular level, but not always, with time and experience you will enter at that level without further confirmations, confirmations often are too late placing your trade at risk when it would already be at break-even without that confirmation. With experience you will take that trade at that level without confirmation based on how prices got there and the importance of that level.

By walking the talking you will gain trust in your own style, you will see it, you will make money every week, nearly every day, if one day you lose more that what you won the previous day it shows you have to go back and do more work on yourself and that is ok, that what is all about, learning from yourself, just make sure you do not follow in the same trap again and again and if you do you need to go back on yourself again.

Once you have constant profit nearly every day, increase your volume not your trades, there is not need, at that stage you will not be trading to get a thrill but to make money.

Create a distance between you and the market, the market is not you and it is only a job, nothing more, yes you can trade as many hours as you can handle in a day but remember in day trading your emotions are exposed continually and can be tiring, personally I only trade for 4 hours and with 4 pairs and being selective I make around 1 to 4 trades per day, somedays more somedays none.

Monitor yourself when trading and taking trades, you cannot control your emotions but you can monitor them and learn about yourself more and they will became your help instead of your obstacles.

You do not have to trade every day, if you have problems or you do not feel well do not trade, do something else, relax, spend time with your love ones or anything, look after yourself.

Last edited:
Battle field.

Attachments

• all picture.png
    all picture.png
    30.4 KB · Views: 104
  • middle picture.png
    middle picture.png
    28.4 KB · Views: 104
  • small picture.png
    small picture.png
    22.6 KB · Views: 101
Last edited:
My sterling view.

No trades yet and I am not worried about it.

Attachments

• sterling view.png
    sterling view.png
    24.9 KB · Views: 100
My sterling view.

No trades yet and I am not worried about it.

my only trade for the day and I let it run till the end of the day

AU 5m

Risk about 5 pips made about 19, my risk for 10 pips in this trade was 2% of my cap.

I am having a good run, I cannot remember when I had a losing day, it was a while back.... only luck I guess but being selective and having patience helps.

This is my last post in this journal, I have not intentions anymore in showing my understanding, my experiences, my pain and my development to others.....

I had an encounter with a moderator yesterday after I commented to him my idea of a quality forum and what should be the responsibility of the moderators together with the administrators to maintain that standard, his response was very unprofessional to say the least....

It is clear to me we do not share the same philosophy of quality and it is clear to me that BS will be protected in the name of numbers.

I will only partecipate in the forum when I have nothing to say.

Attachments

• au.png
    au.png
    16.8 KB · Views: 95
Last edited:
Reactions: NVP
My second last trade: I call this Morning news reversal, +85, made my week.

My last trade was just a bit better than BE on AU.

Where is Tar?

Attachments

• 85.png
    85.png
    34.7 KB · Views: 95
Forum has been dead recently.
F has now returned so we will ALL be making money on the back of his calls
Damn he is now not an alert service-damn damn my cash cow has stopped;)

yes forum is dead and I am not surprised......anyway wish you all the best.

My only trade of the day: +4 and +20.

I do not feel like trading for the rest of the day, good indication to do something else......:cool:

Attachments

• eu.png
    eu.png
    21.4 KB · Views: 104
This is how I scalp and this post is dedicated to all the traders that are in pain:

I trade with momentum, I do not need any indicators to tell me about momentum, I measure the legs....., as you can see the slope has increased in the second leg from the top (also the high of the previous day), here I get interested...... I wait for the weaker hands to get in.... the first harrow is a signal bar (for them), traders have their stops below it which they will trail below the entry bar (arrow 2) once filled, others also joined in placing their stop below the entry bar, I have already placed my sell stop order below the entry bar which will not be filled, then I move it up below the 3 bar (doji) and below the following doji, here I got filled and as a consequence of double pressure my initial TP is reached quickly : traders bailing out and others joining in (with me), my risk was about 2 pips with the SL above my signal bar (technical stop) and I covered 2/3 @ +10, the remaining 1/3 got stopped out @ +1 pip.

I do not take 10-20 trades (I have not intention to make my broker rich, they already are) per session (4 hours) I take max 3-5, someday none, market needs to show me something otherwise I stay out, I mainly trade EU and GU, somedays I am lucky and I can make 30-50 pips on my last 1/3, but I do not count on them much.

Attachments

• 1.png
    1.png
    15.4 KB · Views: 98
Last edited:
some traders are also very good at counter trend, here is a 3 pushes down or wedge (also in the direction of the major trend with 2 legged pull back)....

Attachments

• wedge.png
    wedge.png
    15.2 KB · Views: 152
this is a good trade which I did not take, a 3 pushes up or wedge and a pin bar in the direction of momentum (momentum has not changed), the technical risk was about 10 pips and that is the reason I did not enter, I always go for double at least....

Attachments

• 3.png
    3.png
    14.8 KB · Views: 86
bulls and bears are happy here and I am happy on the side line, above and below the range I might get interested......

Attachments

• 1.png
    1.png
    15.2 KB · Views: 148
In a strong days which are mostly trend from the open I will add any time a set up occurs, I always cover 2/3 at 10 pips and before my first target is reached I will trail my SL above the latest swing, once my first target is reached I leave my SL where it is and if not stopped out I will cover my last (or more than one) 1/3 at the beginning of the new daily candle.....hope it make sense.

Last edited:
Traders do not have to do this sort of trading on the 5m (I would not suggest less than 5, but I am sure some are very able also in smaller TF) if it does not suit their personality, it can easily be done on the 15, 30 or 60 minutes, if that is the case I would add more instruments to make sure you are trading in the direction of momentum, myself I also trade with the 30m, but always cover the all at the new daily candle..

Ok enough from me...missed my trade at the top of the range..:)

done for the day, one trade..... maybe missed one or two but hey all easy in hindsight....

one or two trades per day is the norm for me.......when I scalp I close all communications, I cannot afford distractions, it is a job. If you want share your perception with others I suggest you do after your session.

some reading:

http://www.amazon.com/The-Investors-Quotient-Psychology-Commodities/dp/0471383627

Last edited:
EU 5m

risked 3.4 pips, covered 50% @ +8, now SL @ +17

A good trade.

Attachments

• eu.png
    eu.png
    18.3 KB · Views: 152
GU 5m

risked 9, covered 50% @ +10, 20% @ +40 and now SL to +15.

Attachments

• gu.png
    gu.png
    19.4 KB · Views: 151
despite draghi's speech the 1.0707 is holding (for the time being), which is support.