ISA with stop loss / limit orders on US stocks?

Hi all,

I have had an ISA with Selftrade for years and it used to be great. A few years ago things changed and they no longer have limit orders available for US stocks. Also it is not possible to trade US stocks during the whole US market session - i think it Selftrade stopntaking orders about 7pm. I lived with this for a while, but as my trading has been pretty successful and I've been a little more active I realise that this lack of functionality is actually costing me money in missed opportunities.

I don't have really big portfolio about £18k, so Selftrade suited because of the cheap fees (£12.50 per trade). My trading style is pretty hands off I keep a core position of a couple of stocks and trade around 50% of the position around outperformance and undervaluation of these stocks (probably under 10 trades per year).

So my question is - are there and brokers that offer a self-select ISA with limit orders available on US Stocks? What are the hours of trading for US stocks?

I'll have to weigh up any brokerage that offers limit orders on US stocks and how much I could make as a result vs any difference in fees.

Cheers,

Marcus

Hi all,

I have had an ISA with Selftrade for years and it used to be great. A few years ago things changed and they no longer have limit orders available for US stocks. Also it is not possible to trade US stocks during the whole US market session - i think it Selftrade stopntaking orders about 7pm. I lived with this for a while, but as my trading has been pretty successful and I've been a little more active I realise that this lack of functionality is actually costing me money in missed opportunities.

I don't have really big portfolio about £18k, so Selftrade suited because of the cheap fees (£12.50 per trade). My trading style is pretty hands off I keep a core position of a couple of stocks and trade around 50% of the position around outperformance and undervaluation of these stocks (probably under 10 trades per year).

So my question is - are there and brokers that offer a self-select ISA with limit orders available on US Stocks? What are the hours of trading for US stocks?

I'll have to weigh up any brokerage that offers limit orders on US stocks and how much I could make as a result vs any difference in fees.

Cheers,

Marcus

this is a bump - any ideas :whistling