Is this a boiler room???

Hello,
I think I have been contacted by another Boiler room -- The 'Investment' Company is called Joseph Cooke Ltd. and I have been offered an investment in 'Remington Gold' a mining company operating in Neskay 1/ British Columbia.
Are these people legitimate?

No need to even ask. Any unsolicited calls to convince you to invest in anything should be met with a simple "No Thanks".

If you want to invest, you should be looking for opportunities. They do not fall into your lap in this way.

I am on the lists they buy too - I get called all the time. Just say no to anyone calling you offering you a sweet deal.

col - as Pedro rightly says, yes you're being setup for a scam, ie they want to steal your money.

Want proof - if you read their website it says the company has been in existance since 1984 however their website was first registered less than 6 months ago!

Slightly strange wouldn't you agree.

Steer well clear everyone of

Joseph Cooke Ltd as it's a SCAM company

Joseph Cooke Ltd. - Home

As they're a boiler room scam firm who only exist for one reason - to steal your money

You've all been warned.

Is this another boiler room?

Pedro & Anley - I thank you for your responses.
I have carried out a little more research and discovered that the 'President and Chief Operating Officer' of Joseph Cooke also holds the same position at 'James B. Clarke Co. Ltd. -- Hans Peter von Bergman.

I can't believe that I was almost sucked in.
Thanks again

Col - forget about the names, they're all fakes. The guy's real name is probably somthing like Simon Wilson.

Yes, be VERY careful out there as the scammers will have you on their phone list, ie they're going to continue to call you over the next few years with hot offers and easy money investments etc.

If in any doubt please come back here and ask questions, we'll make sure you cash stays safe :)

hi all,
I have been contacted by Luxor and Associates ostensibly based in Geneva. They are anxious to open a forex account with me , followed by investment in oil. I am afraid this is another boiler-room scam and as I was caught big time by Argus Global I am very suspicious. Has anyone heard of them?

Most certainly its a scam, as far as I can see their address at Rue Pradier 16 does not exist. Number 10 is the Hotel Strasbourg, 12 is the Club Sirene and presumably some apartments above it, 14 is the Swiss Shop and then the street ends. You can see this clearly on Google street view. I know this part of Geneva and it is not where any financial institution would be located, it is a rather run down area near the red light district and main train station.

By the way their crappy website was registred in August 2009 even though they say they have been in business since 1980 and have 80 million or something, absolute nonsense.

Last edited:
Thankyou so much... I thought as much. The reason I asked was that the form they wanted me to sign in order to send money was absolutely littered with spelling mistakes. Watch out for them, anyone else who may be looking to invest!!!

Jacqualine,

You should make sure that you report them to Operation Archway, that way other people and government agencies will be informed. Did they give you banking details or ask you to send the money by Western Union?

they gave me banking details on the very badly spelled form. This company calls itself the ASPEN MANAGEMENTGROUP INC. e-mail [email protected] The bank given is the Chase Manhatten, complete with swift code etc. Incidentally, when I told them that I wouldn't be filling in the form or touching that company with a bargepole, they said that they would find another compliance comany for me!!! I await their call later this evening, with interest.

Guess what, Luxor Associates website and Aspen Management Group website are registered to the same person. Do a Whois search and you'll see for yourself.

Jacqualine,

You should make sure that you report them to Operation Archway, that way other people and government agencies will be informed. Did they give you banking details or ask you to send the money by Western Union?

Is it possible for non UK citizens to report their situation and details to "Operation Archway".

Thanks

Its an intelligence gathering operation so I imagine there will be no problem with a non UK citizen reporting the matter. As far as I can see they gather information and then share it with other agencies and countries.

Hello,
I think I have been contacted by another Boiler room -- The 'Investment' Company is called Joseph Cooke Ltd. and I have been offered an investment in 'Remington Gold' a mining company operating in Neskay 1/ British Columbia.
Are these people legitimate?

Hello !

I have bought shares Remington Gold Ltd trough James B. Clarke, which is disappear.
I have got The certificate , but I am not sure that s not a fake.

WILCOX ENERGY GAS FUND LLC ... I received an "Opportunity" email from these people ... Has anyone got any information about these people ?

I've just been contacted by this Marshall Browning company offering some Pre-IPO on this company called H20 Technologies - smelling a rat the moment they call me :cheesy:

One thing that I dont understand is how do they get my name and number? And also seems like they are calling from a country code +09 i.e. Namibia (I'm residing in Singapore), wont the international call charges sink them before getting the scam through in the first place? LOL

If anyone calls you up pull their leg and tell them you want to buy
£1m pounds worth of stock as you want to invest your pension.
The sales guy will think he's some BSD and will probably take the
guys in the office out for a beer thinking he's on a big commission paycheck,
then you get to f*ck them over in a way. Each time
they phone you for payment just wind them up about Operation Archway and the
FSA have asked you to give them all the info on them right away before
sending them the money. Watch the calls stop and the phone be put down
right away. :clap::clap:

Last edited:
I've just been contacted by this Marshall Browning company offering some Pre-IPO on this company called H20 Technologies - smelling a rat the moment they call me :cheesy:

One thing that I dont understand is how do they get my name and number? And also seems like they are calling from a country code +09 i.e. Namibia (I'm residing in Singapore), wont the international call charges sink them before getting the scam through in the first place? LOL

Seems you're not the first,

http://forums.hardwarezone.com.sg/showthread.php?t=2668777

http://www.trade2win.com/boards/brokerages/14154-boiler-room-scams-205.html

They are probably using VOIP phones, you can call anywhere for a few cents a minute.

Seems you're not the first,

http://forums.hardwarezone.com.sg/showthread.php?t=2668777

http://www.trade2win.com/boards/brokerages/14154-boiler-room-scams-205.html

They are probably using VOIP phones, you can call anywhere for a few cents a minute.

These people will usually buy existing share registers which are usually freely available
whereby you are a shareholder in. I believe in the UK this is entirely legal although there
is a charge they have to pay.

http://www.cashquestions.com/forum/archive/index.php?t-7157.html

The Secretary of State for Trade and Industry has made specific regulations setting out how share register information must be made available, namely the Companies (Inspection on Copying of Registers, Indices and Documents) Regulations 1991. Taken together with the inspection rights included in section 356 of the Companies Act 1985, these Regulations require the register to be available for inspection between 9 a.m. and 5 p.m on each business day (or in any event, for at least 2 hours during that period).

Existing shareholders have free access to the register, and non-shareholders may be required to pay a small fee (£2.50 for each hour or part thereof during which the right of inspection is exercised).

Any person can obtain a copy of the register. Upon receiving such a request, the company must dispatch a copy within ten days. Copying fees are: £2.50 for the first 100 entries in the register, £20 for the next 1000 and thereafter, £15 for every subsequent 1,000 entries

Hi all
I have been receiving a number of pushy phone calls from a crowd based in Dubai
There name is Cambridge Capital Trading
Is there anyone out there who has any info about them or is trading with them?
As I am based is Australia I am concerned they are targeting Australia from Dubai
Would be happy with any info
Thanks
Chris W

I would say they are an outfit! if you hear from Ben Jackson or Peter Carlsen from Morgan Financial let me know!

Boiler room

Hi all
I have been receiving a number of pushy phone calls from a crowd based in Dubai
There name is Cambridge Capital Trading
Is there anyone out there who has any info about them or is trading with them?
As I am based is Australia I am concerned they are targeting Australia from Dubai
Would be happy with any info
Thanks
Chris W

You can rest assured it is a boiler room 100%