Is there really a God ?

So, IF we came from somewhere else in the universe, cosmic dust, or whatever, how did the universe start? There must be a beginning to all this madness...

Peter
But everything has to have come about as a result of something...
By working backwards I still dont get any close to "the start". So by that logic, there is no start...

But that cant be the case... surely.

The real killing part about this is I'll never know.

So, IF we came from somewhere else in the universe, cosmic dust, or whatever, how did the universe start? There must be a beginning to all this madness...

Peter

According to the big bang theorists it started with an infinitely small amount of mass equal to the mass of the [known] universe. Now if that doesn't sound crackpot, what does? Ask any of these super brained theorists what the miniscule mass was contained within before or at the point of explosion/expansion and I'm sure they would be reaching for the super silver haze before providing an answer o_O

I dont believe that anyway.
They say black holes are super dense.

Considering there are quite a few of them and considering their size, I find it absurd to suggest everything was contained in an infinitely small amount of mass.

Though....
If the universe is expanding, then working backward does suggest it was more dense/concentrated.

We need to pump quintillions into understanding this!

C'mon it's all a big con ! Direct line to the creator ? Hardly likely.
Some use the Almighty theory as a crutch through life while the elite lay it on the masses to be obedient.
An atheist could never confirm or verify his beliefs as true. Because if you truly died an atheist’s death everything would go blank and stay that way forever. Your senses would never come back. You can believe in atheism. You can also play guessing games about what happens at death just like a religious person can guess. But atheism can never be proven right.

Using just logic alone, an atheist could never find out if his beliefs were true and a believer could never find out if his beliefs were false.

C'mon it's all a big con ! Direct line to the creator ? Hardly likely.
Some use the Almighty theory as a crutch through life while the elite lay it on the masses to be obedient.
A creator of this universe neither has to be all powerful nor a god. Powerful in our eyes, yes, but “all powerful”, no.

You sound as if you know the origins of the universe where as a person like me is not afraid to say “I don’t know”.

You have misjudged me. Please re-read post #69 in this thread to read what I said.

Actually I don't know what to believe a lot of the time. I tend to be more of a "show me the proof" type of person. I feel that beliefs are just guessing games when there's no evidence backing them up.

Just remember this: Nobody in this world has a monopoly on truth.

Above noted.
I was adding to this that most use religion to bash others and their faith etc. causing them to look for protection from their elite. Probably less so than in the past when Popes etc had their own armies to back them up. Just as now extreme Islamic groups have leaders like Bagdady hiding somewhere remote.

Religion certainly cannot be proved either. There is as much evidence of a god, as there is for a flying spaghetti monster.

Religion is essentially a cult... the only difference between religions and what people typically deem a cult, is time.

Religion is quite narcissistic and arrogant.
They assume that their god is the only one, and disregard every other one. They are almost atheists themselves as we just dont believe in 1 more god than them.

Last edited:
An atheist could never confirm or verify his beliefs as true. Because if you truly died an atheist’s death everything would go blank and stay that way forever. Your senses would never come back. You can believe in atheism. You can also play guessing games about what happens at death just like a religious person can guess. But atheism can never be proven right.

Using just logic alone, an atheist could never find out if his beliefs were true and a believer could never find out if his beliefs were false.

.....and does it actually matter? The world turned before there were humans to debate the xistence of God and I'd go Long on the punt that it will continue to do so when we're gone and the cockroaches rule.

So, if he do or if he don't - what is de problem?

Peter

Maybe “a beginning” is an earthly concept as is time. I suspect that the universe does not operate on earthly concepts but has its own laws. Thus - answering Nowler’s point as well - there needn’t necessarily have been a beginning.

.....and does it actually matter? The world turned before there were humans to debate the xistence of God and I'd go Long on the punt that it will continue to do so when we're gone and the cockroaches rule.
The more fervent a person’s belief system is (especially those who claim they know rather than believe) the more trouble they cause other people when they get the reins of power. No matter what system they profess.

I’m leery of anyone who will not constantly challenge and re-evaluate their beliefs. You don’t have to be a world famous philosopher or have an IQ of 210 to debate philosophy. Any average person can do it. I don’t consider myself smarter than others. I just like philosophy because it’s fun.

So, if he do or if he don't - what is de problem?
psssssssst haven't you noticed, the roaches have already evolved into MPs ?
:cool:

psssssssst haven't you noticed, the roaches have already evolved into MPs ?
:cool:
You call that "evolution"!??

The Proto-roaches would be ashamed to see what they've become..................