Is there really a God ?

Even though I don't believe any God actually exists I do recognise that religion has a good side as well as a dark side.
Many people get a lot of comfort especially in difficult times.Or do good deeds to others needing help.
The bad side of religion is all the deaths its disciples/extremists have caused over the centuries with wars and persecutions.

The bad side of religion is all the deaths its disciples/extremists have caused over the centuries with wars and persecutions.
That's true, the danger of blind faith is that sometimes it makes people vulnerable and they can be exploited. And that is what sects, terrorist organizations, and have been using for generations.

I again think that it depends on the person very much. Getting back to the same book, Of human bondage - after losing his parents early, the main character was raised by a parson and was a religious child. However, in early adolthood, he greatly changed his views and became a total atheist.

For me, it was probably the exact opposite. I was more of an atheist in the beginning but changed my belives. Though, of course you are absolutely right by saying that how we are raised makes a huge influence on us. What we experience in later life can also transform the way we see the world.
And then of course one could also be de- indoctrinated, re-indoctrinated, and indoctrinated several times throughout ones lifetime. The choices are there to be made, only oneself can work out the correct path for oneself.

There is definitely imho good and evil. It's when a person can't tell the difference, problems arise. Killing off others of a different faith is a standard practice of extremists and should be avoided.

Would you decorate your trading room with pics of famous bankers and rich people like Buffet ?
Would it help ?
Maybe one religion is more business orientated than others ? Perhaps Judaism ?
OR a new one made for purpose...…….
The Fed. Chairman could add High Priest of Finance to his titles ?

Last edited:
Would you decorate your trading room with pics of famous bankers and rich people like Buffet ?
Would it help ?

Being brought up by hindu parents, I am aware of Lakshmi in indian mythology.
You might want to light a candle in front of an effigy of her.

Would it help ?
Haha, I don't think Judaism has much to do with how much jews like money. It's more of a national trait, it literally runs trough your blood. I am 1/4 jew myself and man do I love money even though I am Christian :D

Being brought up by hindu parents, I am aware of Lakshmi in indian mythology.
You might want to light a candle in front of an effigy of her.

I just youtubed Lakshmi and the first one I clicked on was The pride of India competition, and it's labelled 'Tamil Video Song' !?

There is a great history documentary on TV currently called Hunting Hitler.
They have uncovered 2 escape routes from a defeated Nazi Germany.
The Northern route was by way of Norway to Argentina and the southern route was over the alps to Rome. In this route I was shocked to see the Catholic priests helped them escape after funnelling them to Rome. They even provided the escaping Nazi criminals Red Cross/Vatican passports !! Even people like Mengele, the Auschwitz camp doctor who personally murdered thousands, ended up in Buenos Aires. Not my idea of good Christian values.

we recently went to where Hitler reputedly hid out in the canary islands ...in a small village in back of beyond on southen tip of Fuerteventura .........personally not convinced but the bloke selling artifacts was positive he owned it

everybody should be taken to Auschwitz to appreciate the depths that man can go .......and learn that we must never allow anyone to take control and plumb those depths again

i remember having nightmares for a week after going there (and i was then a pretty worldly 28 year old for christ sakes) ..........there is not a sound ...no wildlife inhabits the area around it ......its like entering another world .......a horrific tragedy

we recently went to where Hitler reputedly hid out in the canary islands ...in a small village in back of beyond on southen tip of Fuerteventura .........personally not convinced but the bloke selling artifacts was positive he owned it
That is a lovely spot, stunning beaches and mountains and volcanoes on fuertaventura [emoji7]

If there really is a God then surely he would have got rid of Hitler long before he caused so many deaths and suffering ??

Talking of Death Camps, as a family we stayed with my uncle in Germany in about 1960. He was a Lt Colonel of a tank regiment and had temporary accommodation in the Camp Commondant of Belsen's old house. Again eerie surroundings. His wife used to make lampshades out of the skins of prisoners with tattoos !!

He gave us UCPA just landed STIHL as a client! Take some time to check out some of their other clients. Do some research on past financials and see if you agree. Way undervalued in my opinion.

C'mon let's face it God was a man made invention to explain a lot of things in the past before science and was used by the country's elite to guide and hold down the unruly masses. We credit him with all the virtues we would like for ourselves and use him as a crutch for the weak and a weapon for the strong.

I personally believe that there is no God or at least one that is already known, I think that the multitude of gods that have different religions around the world is influenced by misinterpretations of the past world where they most likely observed beings from other planets that were seen as gods , this is something that is being accepted and thought worldwide, as science advances it will be easier to get the truth of our existence.

I have spent some time considering this awkward problem and have come up with the following.
What if, instead of looking backwards to resolve a problem we start with the Bible, Koran. Old Testament etc. and look forward to let religion evolve from its base. Thus evolving over time and experience all the religions should gradually converge into just 1 philosophy of life.
A major problem solved.