Is Scalping Allowed?

I'm just wondering if scalping is accepted by brokers. I've been spread betting on the indicies by either buying or selling at a spike, then making about £1 profit when it reverses about 10 seconds later.

I've heard that scalping is frowned upon, but I've also heard that some brokers do not accept this. Is this the case?

Here is an example of what I am saying about S/B and DMA. These are live quote comparisons taken at the same time, one is the ESH (March E-mini futures) the other is the March Spread Bet.

DMA: 1303.00/1303.25
S/B: 1302.63/1303.63

DMA: 1303.75/1304.00
S/B: 1303.38/1304.38

If two traders, one DMA and the other S/B using exactly the same methodology entered a long trade at market with the intentions of 'scalping' a small profit, the DMA trader would be filled @ 1303.25 whereas the S/B trader would be filled @ 1303.63.

A few minutes later the market moved up 0.75 points, at this point the DMA trader can exit @ 1303.75 with a 0.50 point profit whereas the S/B trader cannot exit with a profit with bid @ 1303.38.

When the market hit DMA: 1303.75/1304.00 it immediately reversed. At this point the DMA trader is smiling whereas the S/B trader is bitchin' and blaming the dastardly broker.

Well that you foul mouthed lot suitably collar felt. The fun police will never leave alone now, I was just starting to enjoy the friendly exchange of views as well.

Well that you foul mouthed lot suitably collar felt. The fun police will never leave alone now, I was just starting to enjoy the friendly exchange of views as well.

LOL, nothing foul came out of my mouth, unless you count the G word :LOL: