FX Retail Brokers / Scalping

Spreadbetteur

I remember reading either on T2W or another forum that one of the FX brokers was trying to stop scalping, on the system.

Can anyone offer information on this.

I am short listing opening an account with:

- AC Markets (They are in process of buying back Refco's stake in them)

- Oanda

- IB

So any other comments also welcome.

I quite like the WYSIWYG in all markets offered by AC Markets.

A Good days trading to all.

Spread

stay away from interbankfx if you intend on scalping. I had my leverage decreased to 1x

I can speak for IB. IB follows an ECN style model where major banks are making the market and the broker (IB) is not taking both sides of the trade. As a result spreads are tight (i.e . euro/usd is usually 1-2 pips). You can also split the market and trade with other IB clients so what you see is what you get. Cash in IB's accounts remains in the security portion of the account which is insured.

FXCM DO NOT like scalping. OANDA is OK with that , small spreads 1.5 pips EUR/USD , Synthesis Bank OK with scalping but larger spread 3 pips EUR/USD.

There are a number of online brokers which have conditions requiring the stop or limits or other orders to be at least 10 pips or so away from current market price etc. Your order will be automatically rejected if it doesn't fulfill those conditions.