Saturation Point

bobl boy

Hello everyone.Just wondering if someone could please clear a few things up for me.All I hear is that it is alot harder to make money in the arcades scalping than it used to be because the market has reached a saturation point where there are too many locals trading and not enough business on the other side in realtion to this eg people selling bids and buying offers.If this is the case why don't the exchanges limit the amount of local business so that they only account for a limited amount of volume.I have also heard that scalping may be on its way out at the arcades due to program scalping by computers which mean the locals who are scalping only have 5 to 10 years left.Is all this true or not.Thanks in advance.

no financial futures market can 'suffer' from too many players. if each person is viewed as 'paper' then every order they put into any market can only generate movement and P or L !!

crossing the spread supports this and ultimately, a market will go where it wants to go, regardless of how many other players there are as im struggling to think of a financial market or commodity or stock market index that doesnt react in some way to some other market or relevant news.

hope this makes sense!!