Is OTA (Online Trading Academy) worth it?

JayCee842

I went in there today, and took their free four hour course (which was by no means any trading course, but instead a complete sales pitch to get me to hand them over $3000 for three classes on trading), and throughout the entire time, they tried to get me to join and open up an account with a brokerage firm.

All they did was try and sell me their services despite me saying no about ten times!
The guy Todd their wouldn't leave me alone! He kept chasing after me. It was really awkward. :-0:(

Are they legit and worth it? They showed us a few charts, told us how profitable short-selling and paying on margin can be.

Also, they would allow us to trade with their money??? What? Why would anybody do that? Sounds fishy. Anyways, I'd appreciate some opinions!

I went in there today, and took their free four hour course (which was by no means any trading course, but instead a complete sales pitch to get me to hand them over $3000 for three classes on trading), and throughout the entire time, they tried to get me to join and open up an account with a brokerage firm.

All they did was try and sell me their services despite me saying no about ten times!
The guy Todd their wouldn't leave me alone! He kept chasing after me. It was really awkward. :-0:(

Are they legit and worth it? They showed us a few charts, told us how profitable short-selling and paying on margin can be.

Also, they would allow us to trade with their money??? What? Why would anybody do that? Sounds fishy. Anyways, I'd appreciate some opinions!

I did the same thing, went for the one day class, heard their sales pitch to the point they wouldn't leave me alone. Eventually signed up to get them out of my case then cancelled the next day.

What they are actually teaching are so basic, you might as well use that 3K to learn trading yourself. They try preach their so called "Supply and Demand" technique which is pretty much support and resistance.(n)

They are a big rip off --use that 3K and trade on your own, there's no short cuts.