Is Forex trading a game?

According to me, Forex trading is not a game just like a game because both needs lots of preparation for strategies, platforms software etc.

Forex can be a game for many, but in true sense it is a type of high risk management tactics which can return you huge money or put you in trouble. i prefer binary options as the risk is limited and we dont have to predict the exact value of the lot.

X400 leverage is designed specifically to encourage the unwary to put additional capital into the FX pool, as are adverts that suggest you can start to trade forex with as little as $25.

But before condemning such activity it must be remembered that the forex arena needs a constant supply of losers to pay out the winners - with a little left over for the brokers of course. ;)

If striving to be one of the very few that actually makes money trading FX can be considered to be a game, then yes, it is a game. For my part, it is a very serious pursuit, but I disagree that it has to be boring.

If you call Russian Roulette a game, I suppose then, yeah. Sometimes it can feel like a game, I guess, as it's pretty cheesy with all the ridiculous "guru's" that will "promise" you to make "150%" daily.

Forex might be a game with $1000. With 1,000,000 probably not..
higher Leverage does not make trading more dangerous. In fact the opposite. Just ask any American.

Forex might be a game with $1000. With 1,000,000 probably not..
higher Leverage does not make trading more dangerous. In fact the opposite. Just ask any American.

Don't you mean:-
Leverage does not make trading more dangerous. In fact the opposite. Just ask any American BANK

Don't you mean:-
Leverage does not make trading more dangerous. In fact the opposite. Just ask any American BANK

:cool:
Yep, leverage and safety in the same sentence doesent inspire confidence, does it....

Read post 5.
The point is if you use low leverage and want to open multiple trades you will be using more of your margin and have a greater risk of a margin call.

On the other hand, You can just increase your account balance * 500. It is the same effect.

Yes it a game, should be play very safe and favorable way to invest money.

Hey all,

I happened to come across some websites that offer X400 leverage on Forex trades, which got me thinking - can you really have any control over your trades with such leverage ?

Forex trading is complex and requires a lot research, and while most traders should be able to tell if they predict that the USD/EUR will reach .5 or 1.3 in the upcoming weeks, I believe that no one can guarantee that during the fluctuations it won't drop 1/400 ( 0.0025% ) and cause you to close your trade due to full stop loss.

so, what sense is there in using such leverage? doesn't it turn Forex trading into a game?

I'd love if someone could explain that point to me,
Thanks

Nick

The dangerous of high leverage is that your account can be wiped out in one bad trade no matter how many profits you have made.

take for example the program I see on the t2w banner at the top of this page - "etoro".
They have a stop-loss mechanism that closes your trade once you reach -100% on your position, that means that if the currency goes down 1/4% my position is automatically closed.
Questions is: can anyone be certain that a position won't drop that minor percentage? if it was a X100 leverage the drop would have been -1%, that's a huge difference.

catch my drift?

Dear Nick,

Leverage has nothing to do with you controlling your positions.
The leverage is only affecting the margin requirement. There are companies offering 1:500 or even more.

The point is:
If you have 1 lot open position with 1:100 leverage with margin requirement e.g.: 1.600 USD.
If you have 1 lot open position with 1:500 leverage with margin requirement e.g.: 320 USD.

Which means you can hold the position longer period before you reach stop out!
(so with bigger leverage you can wait until the market turns and close your position with profit, on the other hand with smaller leverage you may reach stop out before the market turns)

By the way nobody can predict the market movements, that is the beauty of this business!

post #6 is the answer

retail FX brokers make their money from losing accounts; because they are on the other side of your trade. your order dont actually execute anywhere; but on the dealing desk of your broker.

This is why they offer you 400:1 leverage.

Leverage is a speed of losing money gauge for retail traders; and a speed of profitability for brokers.

post #6 is the answer

retail FX brokers make their money from losing accounts; because they are on the other side of your trade. your order dont actually execute anywhere; but on the dealing desk of your broker.

This is why they offer you 400:1 leverage.

Leverage is a speed of losing money gauge for retail traders; and a speed of profitability for brokers.

You don't have to use leverage and thus profit from your broker. But you need a larger account for that. This is a must read for newbies and others:

Margin, Leverage and Trading Account Capitalization | Price Action Lab Blog

You don't have to use leverage and thus profit from your broker. But you need a larger account for that. This is a must read for newbies and others:

Margin, Leverage and Trading Account Capitalization | Price Action Lab Blog

most retail traders are gullible punters who don't understand sh1t about trading and leverage.

retail brokers; take advantage of that by offering 400:1 leverage.

some countries that cares about retail punters; do have a regulation of max leverage of 20:1.

retail brokers; take advantage of that by offering 400:1 leverage.

some countries that cares about retail punters; do have a regulation of max leverage of 20:1.

what would be the point of setting up traders to fail???? they are more interested in longevity not quick cash because that would be a rubbish business model. leverage brings in more customers not because they stupid but because they can afford to trade. if brokers were to only offer the leverage you speak of they would need sizeable accounts before it would be worth their while. how many people do you know that have 50k to 100k spare? the leas leverage you have the more cash you need period.

what would be the point of setting up traders to fail???? they are more interested in longevity not quick cash because that would be a rubbish business model. leverage brings in more customers not because they stupid but because they can afford to trade. if brokers were to only offer the leverage you speak of they would need sizeable accounts before it would be worth their while. how many people do you know that have 50k to 100k spare? the leas leverage you have the more cash you need period.

Well, you should ask these brokers how many of their clients blow out and why.

The answer will be:
- 95%
- excess leverage

5b54f1e1-cbde-8934.jpg
Well, you should ask these brokers how many of their clients blow out and why.

The answer will be:
- 95%
- excess leverage

actually that number is a myth. attached is the 2011 report courtesy of forex magnates..

UK in double dip recession and USA shown growth and reduction in Unemployment.

FTSE falls and Dow and Nasdaq goes up.

Yet GBP seems to be stronger at the moment than USD. Is it not a game?

The basic Forex Online Game is a simple simulation of Forex activity. No real money is at stake. Nor does the game track any real currency prices. The Flash-based games provides you with a virtual trading console that resembles active trading platforms with real Forex brokers. You buy and sell Forex currency just as you would in a real Forex environment...