Is Forex the dirtiest wild west of a market out there?

SpreadDoctor

An interesting topic for discussion. I believe forex is one of the dirtiest markets around if not THE dirtiest lol. Maybe a car auction selling cars with hidden problems is just about dirtier.

I have it on good authority that the people who move the market call it the 'slaugherhouse' :) I wonder why that is.

Another phrase they like is 'lets chop some wood'.

Be careful out there trading Forex, it's dangerous.

Good Luck.

Last edited:
An interesting topic for discussion. I believe forex is one of the dirtiest markets around if not THE dirtiest lol. Maybe a car auction selling cars with hidden problems is just about dirtier.

I have it on good authority that the people who move the market call it the 'slaugherhouse' :) I wonder why that is.

Another phrase they like is 'lets chop some wood'.

Be careful out there trading Forex, it's dangerous.

Good Luck.
Hi SpreadDoctor,
Your opening post is rather vague and very general in nature. It doesn't really inform members of anything useful or tangible. Imagine I'm a newbie reading this and then I go out for a drink with a few mates. For the sake of argument, let's say that one of them is starting out as a Forex trader and I wade in and tell him that according to someone calling themselves 'SpreadDoctor' on T2W - trading Forex is the dirtiest wild west market out there. What's my mate going to say? Obviously, he'll ask me why. And what will my answer be? Based on your post, I won't have a clue and I'll look rather silly in my mate's eyes and he'll have every justification in telling me to avoid reading threads on sites like this one.

Now, as it happens, broadly speaking I agree with you. However, I have specific reasons for my views - which I've posted at length here on T2W. If you really want to provide helpful content, may I suggest you back up your comments with your reasons and then outline which markets you think are preferable to trade and why they aren't as 'dangerous' as Forex.
;)
Tim.