Is anyone familiar Andrew Mitchem - the forex trading coach? online forex course

Hi guys just wanted to write my first post on this forum. I have used andrews system since last year may and have done quite well with it. i stick to the daily tiimeframe and the breakout strategy. the results on his website are honest and i am considering putiing uup a myfxbook acount of his trades as proof. If you want to remain sceptical that is fair enough i don't blame you and will not argue about it but am just posting to vouch for andrews honesty

Hi Natc, Gosh, thanks for coming by and pumping Mr Andrew Mitchum with your first (and only post).
That makes me feel so warm and comfortable that I am just dying to send him $2,000 straight away.
Then I can hardly wait for him to them up-sell me more and more expensive programs of his total collective wisdom on trading Forex at more at more rapidly increasing costs.
Only to find out, at the end of my bank balance, that Andrew Mitchum, has no real forex experience and cannot demonstrate ANY long term successful trading.

He is just another run-of-the-mill internet marketer who has jumped onto bandwagon of using Forex as his marketing hook (n) .

Hi Natc, Gosh, thanks for coming by and pumping Mr Andrew Mitchum with your first (and only post).
That makes me feel so warm and comfortable that I am just dying to send him $2,000 straight away.
Then I can hardly wait for him to them up-sell me more and more expensive programs of his total collective wisdom on trading Forex at more at more rapidly increasing costs.
Only to find out, at the end of my bank balance, that Andrew Mitchum, has no real forex experience and cannot demonstrate ANY long term successful trading.

He is just another run-of-the-mill internet marketer who has jumped onto bandwagon of using Forex as his marketing hook (n) .

A very sensible post.

One should start with making comparisons between free or/and paid services to what Mitchem is offering, that way the criticism is more constructive, rather than just saying he has no real experience, internet marketer etc etc.

I have reviewed Andrew's trading method by looking at his Youtube channel and a private conversation with his previous student. There's absolutely nothing new to his method that is not available for free on the web. He uses divergences on stochastics,( hidden and normal) which is automated, fibs, pin bars, inside/outside bars, support and resistance, pivots and bollinger bands. The strategy is when most of these tools come together in a price zone then you have an opportunity to sell or buy.

This is a valid method and can work with a good trader's mindset and robust MM.
but selling this information for $2K is laughable to view just over 200minutes video + some e-mail exchanges.

I read from an interview that Andrew has sold over 300 courses @ $2K + each over 2years that is $600,000+ turnover and little overheads. It makes you wonder, if you can make that kind of money why would risk your money trading.

Good stuff, so on that basis lets set up a FREE thread based on his methods and offer mentoring by email exchange and a few vids all FREE. So Mr Mitchum, what'll you say to that me old scammer you?? :clap:

I have reviewed Andrew's trading method by looking at his Youtube channel and a private conversation with his previous student. There's absolutely nothing new to his method that is not available for free on the web. He uses divergences on stochastics,( hidden and normal) which is automated, fibs, pin bars, inside/outside bars, support and resistance, pivots and bollinger bands. The strategy is when most of these tools come together in a price zone then you have an opportunity to sell or buy.

This is a valid method and can work with a good trader's mindset and robust MM.
but selling this information for $2K is laughable to view just over 200minutes video + some e-mail exchanges.

I read from an interview that Andrew has sold over 300 courses @ $2K + each over 2years that is $600,000+ turnover and little overheads. It makes you wonder, if you can make that kind of money why would risk your money trading.

haha this does amuse me and yes i would suggest that you could probably use free indicators that andrew uses to trade the way he does. it is not a complex system. The question is can you match his profitablity record? It might also depend on wether to buy his system as to the amount of money you have to trade. i had a big account so i figured it would pay back quicker. and i certainly only did the 2000$ course no need to do otherwise. In the next few days i will set up a demo account and trade his system so you can see on myfxbook. but will keep open trades private.

haha this does amuse me and yes i would suggest that you could probably use free indicators that andrew uses to trade the way he does. it is not a complex system. The question is can you match his profitablity record? It might also depend on wether to buy his system as to the amount of money you have to trade. i had a big account so i figured it would pay back quicker. and i certainly only did the 2000$ course no need to do otherwise. In the next few days i will set up a demo account and trade his system so you can see on myfxbook. but will keep open trades private.

Exactly, the system can be found for free but there are bound to be nuances that the experienced user would be using to trade it effectively. You are paying him for his experience to cut your learning curve and most importantly he must act as your mentor to keep you disciplined and follow your trading plan -cos at the end of the day successful trading is about being disciplined and believing in the method and in yourself - you won't get that from a free pdf or forum. Does he do this effectively I wonder?

Is it over priced - to some maybe, to others who have spent the money and are happy with it, clearly not. Do people feel they are being scammed? I have not seen one statement to that effect by people who have bought his services. The only such statements are coming from trolls and bored folk who call themselves 'traders' but spend time wasted idling in forums (not me of course lol).

Looking forward to your fxbook Nat C. I'd be interested if you considered taking other couses such as Nial Fuller and Mike Reed for example, and what made you choose Mitchem over other educators (I hold Mike Reed in high regard as well as Lance Beggs - different types of services and more discretionary methods but comparable nonetheless).

Last edited:
Hi porky thanks for the serious post. i did a lot of hard thinkiing before shelling out for this course. i have done three other courses. Black knight pro trader training was informative but i could not make money with his system. i have never seen proof that bk does as not make live trade calls and is always a bit vague about his trade setups not a good sign and it cost 400$ per month for a very discretionary system. However he does teach solid trading basics. Also had a look at forex boot camp but was not impressed it seemed a bit hyped up for my liking and again no real live trades recorded for proof of success. If i pick a mentor i want proof that he makes money off trading almost none give me proof. Jennifer does a trading course i did but it offers bad risk reward and she has not really done well. several big losses and small wins aren't good.
Please tell me about Mike reed and the sort of education he gives.
the only reason i paid for andrew is that 2000$ gives you daily set and forget trade recomendations that are honestly and accurately done. He does have loseing months however like december he lost 3% but to me the important thing is that the years profit is good and he did quite well over all.

i did a lot of hard thinkiing before shelling out for this course. i have done three other courses. Black knight pro trader training was informative but...

:rolleyes:

No you didn't do a lot of hard thinking. You've done no serious thought about this whatsoever.

Hi porky thanks for the serious post. i did a lot of hard thinkiing before shelling out for this course. i have done three other courses. Black knight pro trader training was informative but i could not make money with his system. i have never seen proof that bk does as not make live trade calls and is always a bit vague about his trade setups not a good sign and it cost 400$ per month for a very discretionary system. However he does teach solid trading basics. Also had a look at forex boot camp but was not impressed it seemed a bit hyped up for my liking and again no real live trades recorded for proof of success. If i pick a mentor i want proof that he makes money off trading almost none give me proof. Jennifer does a trading course i did but it offers bad risk reward and she has not really done well. several big losses and small wins aren't good.
Please tell me about Mike reed and the sort of education he gives.
the only reason i paid for andrew is that 2000$ gives you daily set and forget trade recomendations that are honestly and accurately done. He does have loseing months however like december he lost 3% but to me the important thing is that the years profit is good and he did quite well over all.

I can see the advantage of trade signals with a course thats for sure but for me the proof of the pudding is definitely a mentorship approach as I think regardless of what any successful trader/educator says about their 'system', I believe there is always an element of discretion that needs to be used and that can only be developed with experience. A good mentor offering their experience in a number of ways can facilitate the learning curve. So when it comes to courses I think this is an element that needs to be at the forefront of a course which is why I tend to sway towards a more dicretionary approach/method in the first place. Lance Beggs that I mentioned offers a very detailed ebook but without the mentoring, learning the approach could take longer than say someone like Mike Reed who offers a bit more such as a text trade room and nightly commentary for the next day. He also sells a video course (day trading the S&P only), and ebooks etc based on a logical human emotion element of the market.

He is a very defensive trader and will typically have a win rate of 80% or so with wins larger than losses of course, but its an approach that takes experience and time to master (like any method should). It's the psychological element of the market that interests me and he demonstrates it well. He does not use much in the way of market sentiment via the analysis of fundamentals, so I look at some separate stuff for that such as Dark Stars order flow techniques and some Chris Lori stuff.

@ Lep, can you elaborate instead of chiming off with one sentence attacks. If Nat C is making money from Mitchem then its no loss is it? We all have different ideas about trading education and the 'proper' approach so we need to take that into consideration when discussing the issues.

@ Lep, can you elaborate instead of chiming off with one sentence attacks. If Nat C is making money from Mitchem then its no loss is it? We all have different ideas about trading education and the 'proper' approach so we need to take that into consideration when discussing the issues.

I can't believe I need to elaborate, but here we go anyway. I know he hasn't given any serious thought to this because he's on his fourth course. Anyone who had thought seriously about wouldn't have taken one, let alone four.

I'm actually being kind by not beating around the bush. The guy is a mug and a real friend would tell him so. The sooner he wakes up the sooner he stops giving his money to con artists.

He's gone on FOUR courses - how many thousands has he wasted? And yet he claims to have thought "hard" before shelling out for the latest one?

Last edited:
I can't believe I need to elaborate, but here we go anyway. I know he hasn't given any serious thought to this because he's on his fourth course. Anyone who had thought seriously about wouldn't have taken one, let alone four.

I'm actually being kind by not beating around the bush. The guy is a mug and a real friend would tell him so. The sooner he wakes up the sooner he stops giving his money to con artists.

He's gone on FOUR courses - how many thousands has he wasted? And yet he claims to have thought "hard" before shelling out for the latest one?

Ok Lepar, giv us yer top 10 trading educationalists, bollox, that'll be difficult. Ok giv us yer top TWO pumpkin....

In the next few days i will set up a demo account and trade his system so you can see on myfxbook. but will keep open trades private.

You have paid TWO THOUSAND DOLLARS and you are goung to show us a DEMO ACCOUNT ??? (n) (n) (n)

Ok Lepar, giv us yer top 10 trading educationalists, bollox, that'll be difficult. Ok giv us yer top TWO pumpkin....

Being entirely serious, I couldn't name one.

People often say something like "A course will just be a short-cut in the learning process, I know it won't make me a millionaire, but it can't hurt etc".

BOLLOKCS.

The only way a retail punter is going to learn is through hard experience. The kind of ****e that you will get on a course (even if there is some good bits in there as well) will take a long time to unlearn and will simply delay the journey you have to undertake.

Being entirely serious, I couldn't name one.

People often say something like "A course will just be a short-cut in the learning process, I know it won't make me a millionaire, but it can't hurt etc".

BOLLOKCS.

The only way a retail punter is going to learn is through hard experience. The kind of ****e that you will get on a course (even if there is some good bits in there as well) will take a long time to unlearn and will simply delay the journey you have to undertake.

I agree and dissagree. There are some basic market sentiments that can be learnt such as understanding market behaviour/mass trader psychology. Understanding the drivers of price movement etc. These act as building blocks for interpreting your experience and provides a framework to learn from (through experience). But what one learns has to be of logical real world context and not the fluffy world of indicators. What ou learn can then be adapted to suit you rather than an attempt to mirror your mentor/educator. But I agree bad education causes set backs in learning and one can only learn from what is bad or good education through experience.

Natc,
Please stop your obvious ongoing pumping of this Andrew Mitchum. As zammitman has pointed out;

Andrew Mitchum, has no real forex experience and cannot demonstrate ANY long term successful trading.

fine i will not post here again good bye all.
happy trading

Natc, I believe that you were the one that intended to set up a Myfx link so that we are able to see how well you are doing with the trading method that you have learnt.
If you were to do this, this would be a valuable and useful contribution to this thread. Unfortunately there are so many posters here that are unable to contribute anything useful.
Please don't let the many negative posters here put you off. Prove them wrong and hopefully they will have to shut-up.

They really should have a minimum age for being able to post here. When you have idiotic posts like "he looks like a fat knacker" 10 or 20 times indicates that some posters are only about 12 years old.

There are some of us here that have actually reached a reasonable level of maturity and maybe we will be critical, but only when we see something to be critical about.