Is a-trade legit

BartV

Good day. I am new to trading. A friend suggested a-trade I registered and a broker contacted me. He made some trades on my behalf and the profits are very good so far. Before I go ahead and transfer more funds into this account I tried to get some verification for this platform but can't seem to find anything.
Is there anybody here that uses this platform?

Last edited by a moderator:
Try taking your money out - all of it.
I found this:

I have been "invited" to copy trade two people I'd been communicating with. Both were scammers. One is often seen giving sage advice on X - . He had a scam website looking much like ATrade's. His X name is AsymTrader or AsymTrading can't remember now and I blocked him.
The "platform" he invited me to pay into "TradingView.live" said the "co" had been in business for years, but the domain had only just been registered. It has now expired!
The ATRade site was registered quite a short time ago. Check whois.com

The other scammer tried to lure me in through TradingView - the legit one, in pms via the chat.

I found this:

I have been "invited" to copy trade two people I'd been communicating with. Both were scammers. One is often seen giving sage advice on X - . He had a scam website looking much like ATrade's. His X name is AsymTrader or AsymTrading can't remember now and I blocked him.
The "platform" he invited me to pay into "TradingView.live" said the "co" had been in business for years, but the domain had only just been registered. It has now expired!

The other scammer tried to lure me in through TradingView - the legit one, in pms via the chat.
Thank you cara2! Looks like a different company but the names are so similar so who knows. But I agree with you, best will be to try and take everything out.

When you authorised trades on your behalf, how can you know the broker actually carried out those trades? If they even show you the entry price and the exit price - after the trade has closed - that is not proof the trade took place.

See "Ponzi scheme".

I have no knowledge of how Atrade work.

I found this:

I was able to take out all my money this morning. The trader, Eddie Mendez, helped me with the transaction. I found this on whois.com
It looks like a-trade.com is a different company from ATrade International but I am still suspicious.

@BartV
The link you put to the company in your OP has presumably been removed (rightly so) by the mods. I'm guessing you were accessing the 'international' one of these. Are you sure that's the one 'your friend' recommended?
How did you find getting your money back? Was this your initial deposit or your profit as well? The link that @Rufus_Leakey has put up about the withdrawal process is laughable. Did you have to explain why you wanted to make a withdrawal, as their rules state?

I don't think they are genuine; they certainly aren't regulated, so should be avoided anyway, so I'm really shocked you got your money back so easily.

I found this on whois.com
It looks like a-trade.com is a different company from ATrade International but I am still suspicious.
This "A Trade" seems more legitimate than "A-Trade International" because
  1. Their website is up.
  2. They are "the world's #1 FX broker!"
    1707150357883.png
  3. And, of course, they are regulated.
    1707150401555.png

Much to my surprise, there is actually a "European Financial Security" whose website is registered in Saint Kitts and Nevis which was colonized by genuine Europeans.
1707150744037.png

And A Trade's registration number is real.
1707151137797.png

They do have a different name, but who uses their real name on the Internet?;)

Unfortunately, when I set my web browser to load that "approved domain," the result is a little unsettling.
coins_markets_com_redircection.gif
But I'm sure that was my fault for using email and banking passwords.:)

@BartV
The link you put to the company in your OP has presumably been removed (rightly so) by the mods. I'm guessing you were accessing the 'international' one of these. Are you sure that's the one 'your friend' recommended?
How did you find getting your money back? Was this your initial deposit or your profit as well? The link that @Rufus_Leakey has put up about the withdrawal process is laughable. Did you have to explain why you wanted to make a withdrawal, as their rules state?

I don't think they are genuine; they certainly aren't regulated, so should be avoided anyway, so I'm really shocked you got your money back so easily.
I am in South Africa. The trader that my friend worked with contacted me after I opened an account. He helped me change my SA Rand to Bitcoin and then to transfer that to the a-trade acc. He made 3 trades in the next 2 weeks, growing my capital by 14%. I was very impressed but it also looked too good to be true. On Friday he commented that there are some great opportunities coming up this week in commodities but that I will have to transfer more money. Thats when I started worrying. Realising that the funds and profits displayed on the screen is only a fairytale until it is actually in my bank acc. I checked their withdrawal policies and a lot of fees was mentioned. Like a 25% fee which have to be paid seperately and not taken from what's in the acc. This is exactly what A Trade International (different company/address) clients were complaining about. So I was very surprised when I made the withdrawal with no hassles and no fees.