Is a good track record enough for market maker prop firms/hedge funds?

Considering you think you can't trade on a low interest loan from a Finnish bank, reconsider how successful you'll be in a prop shop where someone will be breathing down your neck pushing you to make money. Especially at first. More especially when the risk department forces you to change your risk profile to suit themselves (they only care about their own jobs, of course), making your approach unprofitable in the process and getting you fired.

Hi rawrschach,

You make a good point. At a prop firm only way I could trade would be if I was given a chance to trade my own style. I've heard prop firm managers are not big fans of that as want action day in, day out.

My target now is to get some followers on Twitter and keep public track record. I've been doing that for a couple of months now. Maybe at some point if I get enough followers and my track record keeps credible, I will start a signal service.

Twitter: https://twitter.com/rabbitsignals
Track record: www.myfxbook.com/members/Larry4/rabbit-trading/1348738

-Late-4

Attachments

• 11.jpg
    11.jpg
    128.6 KB · Views: 422
Hey, how have you done in the two years?
Any losing months?
Have you kept to the 5% average monthly gains?

Feel free to PM me.

Hi Uranus,

I have a track record of almost 2 years now. Look at the start date of the thread.

Hey, how have you done in the two years?
Any losing months?
Have you kept to the 5% average monthly gains?

Feel free to PM me.

Hi Bramp, I've done quite well. I have traded successfully and consistently for a few years now even though my monthly gains are more like 1.5-2%. No losing months, but yes breakeven ones. You can see my twitter @rabbitSignals if you like. There I try to post every trade I take.

August 2015 I opened a validated myfxbook account, which tracks my live performance. My performance for the last 6 months can be found here: https://www.myfxbook.com/members/Larry4/rabbit-trading/1348738

I'm also working on website for Rabbit Trading with my brother who is a successful trader aswell (does basically the same thing). Our idea is to start a free signal service. And when/if we get enough subscribers and our performance stays positive, we will start collecting a small monthly fee.

Best regards,
Late-4

that is a rather small sample of trades...

of the firms you mentioned optiver is mostly an options marketmaking firm - what you're doing has little to do with their business

futex is in the futures business - however (as far as I know) they're like any other arcade and have traders who trade intraday... you've done 44 trades over the course of 6 months, they'd more likely want you to do around that many in a day. Perhaps you could get a free trial on TT yourself for a few weeks and try trading intraday on the sim yourself - see how you get on.

that is a rather small sample of trades...

of the firms you mentioned optiver is mostly an options marketmaking firm - what you're doing has little to do with their business

futex is in the futures business - however (as far as I know) they're like any other arcade and have traders who trade intraday... you've done 44 trades over the course of 6 months, they'd more likely want you to do around that many in a day. Perhaps you could get a free trial on TT yourself for a few weeks and try trading intraday on the sim yourself - see how you get on.

Hi DT,

I've thought about this a lot and mainly because of my style of trading I've decided to set aside prop trading and focus on my new signal service. That way I get to do what I do best and not get distracted or carried away and start over-trading or trading too big etc...

44 trades is a small sample size of course. I just started this thing 6 months ago ;) Thats why I'm getting followers but I'm not charging anything. At this point, I want only fame and credibility. And when my sample size is decent, say 200 trades and my performance still looks good and I still have many followers, I start collecting a monthly fee. Thats my business plan simply put it. I've been trading successfully for a couple of years and I am confident I will continue that way.

BR,
Late-4

It's not just the track record these funds are after some for example won't look at traders with below 500k being traded on