Iron Condor Adjustment Please help!

res123

2 0
Hi All- I am new to options trading and in my enthusiasm placed a Iron Condor trade and am hoping someone can clarify a few things.

1. When closing an iron condor before expiration date, why would I be required to put additional margin? So, if I want to book losses early and close the entire trade its asking me to put up more in margin. Why?

2. I placed following trade:

AAPL FebWk4 522.5/525 Put 562.5/565 Call

AAPL is almost touching the short put of 525. Currently AAPL is at 525.25. With only 5 days left, what options do I have besides "hoping for best".

The problem is that if I try to exit the entire trade or even try to roll the put spread out to lower price by same Febwk4, it asks for a huge margin that I cannot cover at the moment. I thought about buying a long put but unsure if its the best option. Hoping to get some guidance over the weekend so I know what to do by Monday. Thanks in advance for any words of wisdom.

Res.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

But it's thanks to our sponsors that access to Trade2Win remains free for all. By viewing our ads you help us pay our bills, so please support the site and disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock