Irans capture of British troops

War games , Is it ?

• The west have created this situation to further advance against Iran

Votes: 11 32.4%
  • Iran are pushing , because Russia is turning westernese with nuclear non assistance

Votes: 5 14.7%
  • UN forces, will attack within 3-6 months

Votes: 2 5.9%
  • This will fissle out, but will show Iran has balls, Big Ones.

Votes: 16 47.1%

• Total voters
"what ya think?"....I think if you arrest some of them and then send your lightweight patrols out without the wherewithal to nuke anyone hostile you must be an halfwit ..none of which has anything to do with anyone being on the right or wrong side of some imaginary line...but says a lot about the kind of forethought our 'side' bring to the table ....an alternative question might be was it a low point for the western world when George crawled out of his bottle and found Jesus ?

chump said:
.......an alternative question might be was it a low point for the western world when George crawled out of his bottle and found Jesus ?

LOL........you're not suggesting George is the man with a plan, making all the decisions are you?

Last edited:
Marwan2010 said:
who is telling the truth?............
well, it is generally an accepted fact that the West do not lie
it is always "them" who lie
what ya think?

This is Tit for Tat according to article in Guardian.

5 Iranian officials / diplomats were picked up in Iraq with no reason or evidence in the last month or so. Iranians patiently waited with no response from guess who?

UK soldiers charged on the same grounds as the 5 Iranians in Iraq.

UK is asking for an explanation from Iran about it's citizens. Perhaps now the Iranians might get a reply about theirs.

Spy exchange... I see a Fredrick Forsyth novel in the making...

Interesting to note that Iran imports 40% of its petrol from abroad. They have a great lack of refining capacity and although projects are underway to change this this no additional domestic supply will be around for several years.
Wonder what the sanctions will go for? Wonder who will get hurt the most?
Strange for a country with the Worlds second largest crude reserves.

As for George et al. Despite the lack of backbone from the revitalised Democrats in congress, due largely to fear of powerful lobbying groups such as AIPAC, the days of the neocon are counting down, even within the republican party patience has largely run out. Every day as they lose influence and power both at home and abroad we can be thankful that there is hope.

If there was one place I wouldn't want to be today, other than Iraq/Iran, it would be sitting in middle class America with my unaffordable monthly mortgage repayments, rapidly inflating costs of living and credit card debts spiraling out of control. That is going to get very messy indeed. I expect to see the Millitary on the streets of many major cities before long trying to control the disgruntled masses.

The worlds ****ed basically........
Perhaps now is as good a time as any to stock up on potassium iodate tablets.

didnt now there were 5 iranians captured,...see they do not say that, only what they wont them to say,....

Trendie,
"you need to fix the voters inner psychological failings first"...I seriously doubt we have surgical resources to perform that many labotomy's ....actually I think what might at one time have been thought of as an 'odd' point of view is becoming more widespread...I could be wrong ,but exactly what is the downtrend in voter turnout saying if not ...we don't care because what you do is not what we want !

Headlines next month..."15 members of the armed forces have resigned to open an Iranian restaurant on kensington high street....the favoured name for the restaurant at this time is The Gunboat. Franchise offers may be considered."

There are clearly Nashlike ingredients to the current situation which is why it is more probable that neither party will attempt to go for the blonde and our personnel will come back home accompanied by the appropriate fanfare of soundbites which tell us we have an Ironman
Tony in office protecting us from all the nasty stuff out there. ;)

TWI said:
As for George et al. Despite the lack of backbone from the revitalised Democrats in congress, due largely to fear of powerful lobbying groups such as AIPAC, the days of the neocon are counting down, even within the republican party patience has largely run out. Every day as they lose influence and power both at home and abroad we can be thankful that there is hope.............

My doubts about mankind are as follows -

If the world gets rid of one criminal ruling elite and replace them with something humane. How long will it take for corruption & self interest to resurface, leading the world back to how it is now.
There will always be bad people as long as mankind exists, and bad people will always seek & find their way into positions of power.

Last edited:
de123 said:
didnt now there were 5 iranians captured,...see they do not say that, only what they wont them to say,....

Russia said the raid was "unacceptable" and a violation of international law.

"It is absolutely unacceptable for troops to storm the consular offices of a foreign state on the territory of another state," Russian foreign ministry spokesman Mikhail Kamynin said.

I wonder if the UK authorities asked permission from the Iranians to enter their territory and provided details of our troops to them prior to doing so?

It is important to note strongest opposition comes from Russia.

Nice supportive gesture from our American allies...

A senior American commander in the Gulf has said his men would have fired on the Iranian Revolutionary Guard rather than let themselves be taken hostage.

I like to know what's stopping them going into Iran and rescuing them now?

American raid and arrests set scene for capture of marines

Original article re:Arrest of UK troops.

This events puts us in a bad predicament. Do we support our ally and play hard ball with the Iranians or do we get our ally to hand over the 5 captured Iranians in an exchange?

The news also, points to the Americans trying to arrest the Iranian - Mohammed Jafari, the deputy chairman of Iran's National Security Council especially when he is there on government business talking to the Kurdish leader Barzani.

Reflecting on all this it is some serious news and elevated consequences for both sides. Try and make small talk of it but oil and gold is likely to continue rising.

Not good. This is an escallation by all accounts.

Last edited:
Iran is a far way from Britain.. what the hell are these troops doing there?

Get our boys back. Period.

karmit said:

They are acting in the next series of only fools and Horses. He who dares ... captures LOL

Grey1

About a 7 hour plane ride...not so far

Spying perchance ?

Boys and Girl.

Monthly apparently.

karmit said:

Get them back? hey we in the west have a vision to create a safe and a better world, only we care! We in the west follow the path of righteouness, only we do - the rest are evil, You see Iraq without the West would be an extremely dangerous place to live - guess that is why we are there!. We in West do not steal, but it is the others in poverty are the crooks, We in West are very charitable and we always give give and give. We in the West never receive anything for free, our prosperity is entirely our hard work, the rest are a bunch of lazy morons

You see it is because of our righteousness we are rich, else we would be poor and in poverty.
Got it mate! - We the the policem,en ofthe world - they look upon us for direction. We live in a democracy, and thus the governments cannot cheat us.............................

I think!

yacarob1 said:
About a 7 hour plane ride...not so far

Spying perchance ?

Boys and Girl.

Monthly apparently.

Not far at all in modern day warfare. Soldiers are flown home for treatment in a Birmingham hospital i think it is.

US weapon carrying planes stopping over in Scotland that then fly on to help the Israeli army invade Lebanon....................

The key to this issue may turn out to be Russia and their influence.

how many Iranians does it take to change a light bulb ?

Get them back? hey we in the west have a vision to create a safe and a better world, only we care! We in the west follow the path of righteouness, only we do - the rest are evil, You see Iraq without the West would be an extremely dangerous place to live - guess that is why we are there!. We in West do not steal, but it is the others in poverty are the crooks, We in West are very charitable and we always give give and give. We in the West never receive anything for free, our prosperity is entirely our hard work, the rest are a bunch of lazy morons

You see it is because of our righteousness we are rich, else we would be poor and in poverty.
Got it mate! - We the the policem,en ofthe world - they look upon us for direction. We live in a democracy, and thus the governments cannot cheat us.............................

I think!

Is this serious or is your tongue very firmly wedged against your cheek ?

You see, I think the West is totally arrogant and ignorant in their assumption that so-called democracy is the only way to go, and to try and forcefully impose it on nations that are not of the same belief is not only misguided and naive, but also pig-headed.

DoubleSix said:
The key to this issue may turn out to be Russia and their influence.

how many Iranians does it take to change a light bulb ?

I'm waiting for the US to give an ultimatum to Iran to release those soldiers?

The US has started this and we need them to say something.

Otherwise give back the 5 Iranians. If not produce evidence or say something about their where abouts and condition.

They are behaving like the terrorists kidnapping people off streets with no evidence or legal process.

Civilised democracy indeed... They can't stand our freedom and way of life. Too right so they are starting to copy us. Just what we need.

Soon they'll be listening to loud rock music singing Karoeka going into war to kill people.

Really makes me sick. :cry:

Didn't Israel go into war becaue two of it's soldiers were kidnapped, after they had been kidnapping umpteen suspected terrorists (which was quietly forgotten).

Do we expect Iran to go to war with US because it's official representitives have been kidnapped with no further information?

Perhaps we can expect the US to go to war with Iran which is what it has been itching to do because the UK soldiers have been kidnapped?

How many more people will have to die.

Really really makes me sick. :cry: :cry:

yacarob1 said:
Is this serious or is your tongue very firmly wedged against your cheek ?

You see, I think the West is totally arrogant and ignorant in their assumption that so-called democracy is the only way to go, and to try and forcefully impose it on nations that are not of the same belief is not only misguided and naive, but also pig-headed.

ha ha ha ha
it was tongue in cheek!
i agree West is totally arrogant - the cause of the worldwide problems lies at our doorstep