IPE - big gas future $75 tick?

Directional

Experienced member
Anyone know anything about an IPE future for a big gas contract that trades in $75 ticks, as opposed to the smaller $25 ticks for nat gas future? A trading associate was telling me about it last night, not sure if this is a market the IPE is already running, or if its something new in the pipeline - cant see anything about it on their website.

I found out what this was - IPE/ICE trade an electronic OTC gas future contract which is a fat $75 tick value, volatile as hell and only for BIG boys to play. Requires $3m on deposit before you can pull a chair up to the table.

Not for general consumption.

dont touch it. illiquid as hell. and ud be the last to know what was going on ....

twalker said:
Also need a shipping licence to play it. I do wonnder why they do not make a gas contract that can be played by the small spec. It could be very popular.

you guys talking about he henry hub one.....mad mad contract.... i am going to be trading in the new year...!!

brentfutures said:
you guys talking about he henry hub one.....mad mad contract.... i am going to be trading in the new year...!!

brent, do u have to work for a company in order to trade this or can u access it as a local?

holy man said:
brent, do u have to work for a company in order to trade this or can u access it as a local?

duno matey, i work at a prop firm....pm me...

where you working??? you in london?

This has been a hell of a run in the last few weeks. I would advise that this is not a market for anybody but those in the Euro energy market to get involved in or you may find yoruself completely f*cked.
I have a mate who made 2mil here in the last month. I might add, I made nothing.

Last edited: