Investing

twinkles929

Does anyone have any useful tips or advice where to invest money? I am currently looking into investing in the film industry and i would be grateful to hear from anyone else who has done this. Many thanks

The chance of making money is very low, but if you did, it would arrive via a lorry load, bit like buying a race horse, fun, but not a serious venture, well not for the clan on here.

Regard Shane.....:)

As a tax dodge it used to work quite well but HMRC getting wise to it now. The key is that the film is never supposed to make money, and you use the tax losses. The risk is that you end up making a Springtime for Hitler ;)

The purpose of investing is to get 'a way in' for my son- into the film industry so he can attend screenings and be an extra etc. I have also heard the tax benefits are quite good. If anyone has any experience in this sector could you please recommend a film company, preferably in London? Many thanks

So you want to be famous ?

The purpose of investing is to get 'a way in' for my son- into the film industry so he can attend screenings and be an extra etc. I have also heard the tax benefits are quite good. If anyone has any experience in this sector could you please recommend a film company, preferably in London? Many thanks

I try to stay away from T2W nowadays but your post beggars belief and deserves a reply.
The fact you come onto an anonymous forum and seek financial advice is staggeringly unbelievable. Then to ponder the tax advantages of such a financial shot in the dark merely to use such a speculative punt in a notoriously fickle industry to seek a "way in" for your son, leaves one seeking a brick wall (real one-not a cinematic mock up) to bang ones' head against whilst holding back tears of disbelief.
Why not enter your son in "X" Factor" or similar popular shows. Maybe take him to film part auditions to assess his talent ? Failing that - bribe someone, which must be cheaper than a punt in a fickle industry plus the money is targeted at a specific gain -film part for aforementioned son.

But this is a joke -right ?
You're a multi-nic here to while away your boredom ?

Last edited: