Investing Tesla

Are you investing Tesla?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Please don't spoil a good story with facts. 😜

Scotty is one of my favorite youtuber, I think I watched more than one hundred videos from his channel.
He has aways been a strong critic of Tesla.
What says is true but I want to react here to his video. ;)

It is true that EVs use electricity generated from fossil fuels but EVs are 90% efficient while IC cars are around 30%.
Also the efficiency of fossil fuels power plants is much higher than internal combustion engines.
About car finishing I agree, it is a weak point of Teslas.
It is about what matters for you: finishing or technology+efficiency+performance+safety.
I agree also about weight and cost, light cars are more efficient and cheap but also much less safe.
The would be safe if everyone was forced to use a light car but if everyone is using heavy cars and pick up trucks you need a heavy car to be safe and resist a collision.
Tesla is a company born in US and americans love muscle cars.
About batteries Scotty is pretty wrong.
Degradation is not so high, model Ss from 2012 still work very well.
Even if you wil have to change the battery after 8-10 years there will be a much more cheap and efficient techonogy at that point.
As for recycling it is a business that it is just starting today and they can recycle 95% of the metals.

Last edited:
Scotty is one of my favorite youtuber, I think I watched more than one hundred videos from his channel.
He has aways been a strong critic of Tesla.
What says is true but I want to react here to his video. ;)

It is true that EVs use electricity generated from fossil fuels but EVs are 90% efficient while IC cars are around 30%.
Also the efficiency of fossil fuels power plants is much higher than internal combustion engines.
About car finishing I agree, it is a weak point of Teslas.
It is about what matters for you: finishing or technology+efficiency+performance+safety.
I agree also about weight and cost, light cars are more efficient and cheap but also much less safe.
The would be safe if everyone was forced to use a light car but if everyone is using heavy cars and pick up trucks you need a heavy car to be safe and resist a collision.
Tesla is a company born in US and americans love muscle cars.
About batteries Scotty is pretty wrong.
Degradation is not so high, model Ss from 2012 still work very well.
Even if you wil have to change the battery after 8-10 years there will be a much more cheap and efficient techonogy at that point.
As for recycling it is a business that it is just starting today and they can recycle 95% of the metals.
I have no words ...
cal.jpg
ates.png

"Burned Alive": Friend Of Tesla Wreck Victim Claims Driver Was "Trying To Save His Life" By Climbing In Back Seat​

The cons always find more audience than the pros but in investing everything needs the right weight.
As we know bad stories sell more than good ones.

Saw this article that talked about AMC squeeze
https://industryview.org/2021/06/04/retail-investors-are-no-longer-the-dumb-money/?utm_src=share

And went to see this. https://market.operatingdata.com

Seems like there is alot of talk on Telegram groups about Tesla as well. Any thoughts on whether Tesla is still a good buy or might get squeezed? I read that Elon Musk is now targetted by the hacker group Anonymous.... not sure how it will swing
Buying a share based on if it might be squeezed or might get targeted by a vigilante hacker group is not a sensible financial decision.
Tesla has long term growth potential as an investment and will ride out those short term trends.

Chariging network is a HUGE advantage for Tesla vs competitors.

And these are charging prices in Italy:

ChargingPrices.png

Texas has proved the US is not ready with the necessary infrastructure for EV's. If there's no electricity to heat and light your home theres no electricity to charge your car. Its dead in the water.
Until the US spends money to improve infrastructure which takes a LOOONNNG time, people will not switch.
The autonomous taxi idea is great but works well in metropolitan areas, and we are seeing people leaving these areas to move to the country and work remotely. THAT market is shrinking before its even begun.
I think I'm the Debbie Downer today so ...
If the US (and the rest of the world China, Russia, African nations) invests in nuclear power and upgrades its electrical infrastructure I'm a long term investor in Tesla. Until then I'll just trade the swings.

With Its Power Grid On The Verge Of Failure, California Begs Residents To Change Their EV Charging Routines​

I am really sad that postman left t2w and became "guest36985".
Now I need someone else with negative points about Tesla.
Otherwise the discussion becomes a boring monologue.

Elon musk might seem nice to you but once you’ll start having experience of this market, you’ll understand that the market is even manipulated sometimes.

Every market is manipulated but on the long run the manipulations are noise.
As long as the company grows 50% per year the stock will follow.

How many companies have this growth potential for the next 10 years?
How many companies are managed by a genius?

Nice???

Genius???

Doubt he's either of those.

But largely irrelevant to the price of bread (or Tesla).

Quite regardless of whatever egotistical nutjob 'heads' the company, it's in a growth market supported by a political agenda to transform transportation from oil to electric power at the point of use.

Barring Global Thermonuclear War, it'd take an utterly incompetent imbecile to screw that opportunity up.

Oh, wait, didn't one get elected recently ??

🙃

Nice???

Genius???

Doubt he's either of those.
It is my opinion and your is different but before this opinion I studied him for hundreds of hours.
Before going all in I have done the homework.
This doesn't mean I am right but just for your information.
He has been able to land rockets, nobody succeeded before.

But largely irrelevant to the price of bread (or Tesla).
I agree it is irrelevent for short term moves but the quality of the CEO is very relevent considering 5-10 years in the past and in the future.

Quite regardless of whatever egotistical nutjob 'heads' the company, it's in a growth market supported by a political agenda to transform transportation from oil to electric power at the point of use.
Right , now the money is going in the green economy but it wasn't so 10 -15 years ago when Musk risked everything on EVs and rockets.

He has been able to land rockets, nobody succeeded before.
No, he hasn't.

Some very dedicated and talented folks he employs, have.

It's a remarkable achievement to be able to land rockets upright in controlled descent and an even more remarkable testament to our flawed sense of admiration that those who actually achieved it don't even get a mention as their boss bathes his ego in the limelight.

Despicable.

🚀

Muskdesigns.png

MuskIQ.png

Musk is the chief engineer at SpaceX and he is aware of almost every technical detail.
He always thanx his engineers after every success.
This is true also for Tesla

When one ofthe starship prototypes blowed he declared he was wrong.

BTW if you don't like him I won't be able to change your mind. :)

Last edited:
You have great results! You seem to have entered and exited the market at the right time. I have been unlucky with this.